sunset monte morph

psteeleb

Premium Member
Here is a video of a nice color morph to my already nice looking sunset monte

I've been fighting off some bryopsis by reducing my main light schedule from 9 hours to 5 hours and increased my Mg level to over 1600, and suspect these two changes have something to do with the morph.

I've suspected higher Mg levels help monteporas as they seem to be very sensitive to lower levels. It may be just a theory but this seems to be some evidence to support it, then again the change in light schedule I sure is also influencing coloration.

Hope you enjoy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V-yE6TQFF8[/youtube]

Holy moly, Pete. That's a gorgeous specimen.

@Bryan wrote:
and when you are sending a piece to all of us [smilie=clapping.gif] said:
[smilie=clapping.gif]

I know lower light levels make a lot of stuff purple up like Bonsais. It's curios about the Mg level. I've never seen a discusion about that. Thanks for sharing.

@Marc wrote:
Holy moly said:
thanks Marc

@ReefNut2010 wrote:
Yes indeed. Very said:
Thankyou

@coralreefer wrote:
Very nice indeed. Well the sunset monti is now on my to get list! said:
I never was much for encrusting monte's but I liked this one so much I picked up a superman and may keep my eye out for another

@timthetoolman wrote:
Weird. Very cool. Can you remind us what lights you have. Thx. said:
I run mostly T5'swith LED actinics
this video was take under just the LED's. They are the Cree XRE royal blues, and the camera was set using the a one touch white balance to keep every thing from being totally blue

@Marc wrote:
And what you filmed it with. said:
the camera is a Sony HDR-XR150

holy cow that is ridiculous... ill pay whatever to have a piece of that baby... monti's are MY THING...

VERY VERY VERY NICE!