Recent content by moncapitane

1. M

WTB Clowns

Josh said there was a person in Carrollton who had some baby clowns.  I was curious if of who the person is and if they had any and what type they were. 
  2. M

Overflow box

If I have a 55 gallon which i'm adding about a 15 gallon wet/dry and a 10 gallon sump with a protein skimmer, how big of an overflow box do I need and for the part that drains out, does it need to too big or does that matter based on the overflow box. I'm new at setting this up because my HOB...
  3. M

Getting air into a submersible pump

purchased a 564 gph pump to connect to my protein skimmer but it doesn't appear to have a way to get air into it to create the air bubbles in my skimmer. The skimmer I have is a red sea classic and it seems to have a place for air to go in but is there a way to make the water not come out if I...
  4. M

Pump

Does someone have a RIO 800 for my HOB skimmer that I could borrow until I am able to get a new one? I have a non-working skimmer at this time. Thanks.
  5. M

Flame Angel

Has anyone had any luck getting a Flame Angel to work in your saltwater aquarium. I bought one and even after dripping it and putting it in the hospital tank, it was dead withing 24 hours of getting it from the store to putting it in the hospital tank. All my parameters were within safe range...
  6. M

Missing Fish

What is the best way to help determine why fish come up missing? I added a new fish last weekend and it was doing well, it was about a 2" snowflake clownfish and I had another small clown in the tank but they were swimming together the night before it went missing. I have not seen it since nor...
  7. M

Table Saw

Does anyone near Lewisville or in Lewisville have a table saw? I am attempting to build a canopy and the saw I have seem to like not to stay in a straigh line so it makes it rather difficult to saw 2x4s the same lenght. Please let mw know.
  8. M

RO/DI Unit

I have a 5 stage ro/di that I cannot find/remember where I ordered it from. I went to make water last night and I am only getting 74 out instead of 0-2. How do I know which filter needs to be replaced? Is it going to be more than one or just one specifically? I have only had the unit for about a...
  9. M

Phopsban 150

Anyone know what sort of pump I should put onto this Phosban reactor: http://www.petsolutions.com/C/Aquarium-Reactors/I/Phosban-Reactor.aspx?utm_source=pricegrabber&utm_medium=comparison&utm_term=48142292&utm_campaign=pricegrabber Some say the MJ1200 but I am not sure. Any input is much...
  10. M

Blue Damsel Fish

It appears over night that my Blue Damsel Fish that I just got had its tail bitten off. I have been reading online and it looks like it will grow back. Anyone seen this before? My other fish are a basslet, clown, and cardinal.
  11. M

Steve's LEDs and drivers build

I am working on getting my DIY LED fixture up and running and using a single driver from Steves leds and then running 7 of the http://shop.stevesleds.com/Philips-Luxeon-ES-Warm-WHITE-3-Watt-LEDs-2700K-Luxeon-ES-warm-2700.htm WW 3 W leds. I am using two of the tubular heat sinks. I know the...
  12. M

True percula Clowns

Apparently it is impossible, without having to order from an LFS, to get some True Percula Clown fish in the DFW area. I went to 6-10 different stores, including but not limited to Dallas North Aquarium, Neptunes Cove, and reef2reefs and no one seem to have basic True Percula Clown fish in...
  13. M

New 55 G

Right now, still in the middle of the standard starting cycle. ammonia is between .4 and .6 best I can tell. Nitrite is around .2 and nitrates haven't started yet. Only about 2 weeks in with rocks (2 lbs of live rock), live sand, and water. My salinty is 1.0215, i'm thinking its a little low...
  14. M

Zoa

What LFS has the best selection of Zoas in town? I have been to a few places and they only have like 3 frags of Zoas.
  15. M

Dry rock

Someone said something about being able to totally start a cycle and a new tank using all dry rock but it just takes longer, which is fine with me. Any details about this would be awesome. I have a 55 gallon with about ~70 lbs of dry rock and I would rather stay away from any live rock if...