Flame Angel

moncapitane

Membership Expired
Has anyone had any luck getting a Flame Angel to work in your saltwater aquarium. I bought one and even after dripping it and putting it in the hospital tank, it was dead withing 24 hours of getting it from the store to putting it in the hospital tank. All my parameters were within safe range. I did notice that Flame Angels are sensitive to copper after doing some research. Just curious and would love advice as I would love to get one in my display tank.

Thanks.

Had no issue with mine, temperature set for 15 minutes, cup mix for 15 minutes, int the displays tank it went. Now lives in my sump because it has a strong affection for eating my xenia.

Reefs2Go. But be careful people have had a bad experience with them recently. I don't test for copper. I should have no copper in my tank. I don't do any dosing.

I was just curious. I got mine from Neptune's Cove so I was just curious if it was something about me. Thanks for the information.

Mine's been a model citizen in my tank for close to 2 yrs now. Beautiful fish. It was nipping my sps for the first couple weeks. So sps polyps wouldn't come out. But after awhile it just suddenly stopped and is pretty cool to have, it's very active and swims around the rocks a lot. great choice

@ThanhNguyen wrote:
Mine's been a model citizen in my tank for close to 2 yrs now. Beautiful fish. It was nipping my sps for the first couple weeks. So sps polyps wouldn't come out. But after awhile it just suddenly stopped and is pretty cool to have said:
Do you have any pulsing xenia?

Mines a couple years old and has seen all types of corals. Now mostly sps and zoas.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

@Eckolancer wrote:
Mines a couple years old and has seen all types of corals. Now mostly sps and zoas. Sent from pay phone in the airport. said:
Mine wouldn't touch my zoas or frogspawns or hammers, but he decimated my xenia popluation

Not mine actually got him hopping he would. But ended up pulling all rocks out that had it.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

@denierlexiese wrote:
[I]@ThanhNguyen wrote:[/I][quote="Mine's been a model citizen in my tank for close to 2 yrs now. Beautiful fish. It was nipping my sps for the first couple weeks. So sps polyps wouldn't come out. But after awhile it just suddenly stopped and is pretty cool to have said:
Do you have any pulsing xenia?"]

I do not have any. but i would give up xenia for a flame angel any day.

Yeah I'm not add that point. Fields of flowing pulsing xenia is just incredibly beautiful to me. I do love the flame angel, but I guess I love my xenia more.