Recent content by jccaclimber

1. J

Moving in the next week, clearing out sale (14 Biocube, lights, dry rock).

Moving in the next week or so.  Have the following for sale:14 gallon Biocube, no scratches, $50 dry, or $70 with rocks and sand.  Two LED strips added in place of one of the CFLs but both ballasts still installed, no permanent mods.  If you don't want the rock in it you can swap out for other...
  2. J

600 gallons of teardown this weekend

Edit for location: Murphy, just east of Plano/Richardson.  Near Murphy Rd/FM544 or Murphy Rd/Renner Rd.Looking to tear down my 600 in preparation for a move this weekend.  I already have most of the things I plan to keep hosted elsewhere, so 95% of what is in these photos is visible.Sunday or so...
  3. J

Disappearing PMs

I've had two PM's seemingly vanish on me in the past couple weeks.  The conditions are as follows:1 - I log in to the web page and get the pop-up for having an unread PM.2 - I read the PM, go about my business, and plan to reply to it later on in the day.3 - I go back later in the day and it...
  4. J

WTB - Huge skimmer

Curious if anyone has one they're interested in selling/trading, will go on a ~600 gallon system.
  5. J

Planted aquarium teardown Sunday Jan. 20 (free plants)

I understand there aren't too many freshwater folks in here but I'll post just in case.  I'm tearing down my planted 300 gallon aquarium tomorrow in Murphy starting at 10 AM.  If anyone wants some live plants, they're yours for free.  Located in Murphy.  PM me a phone number and I'll text...
  6. J

Jccaclimber's closet cleanout

More to come as I clear out stuff.  Mostly I'm looking to sell rather than trade given the decluttering goal.  I'm fairly negotiable on these.  I am looking for a large skimmer (the sort that works on a 600 gallon reef).1) Sumps, $40 each OBO.  Both measure 23.75" long x  12" deep x 16" tall. ...
  7. J

Mesenterial filaments on an acro

I've seen plenty of mesenterial filaments with LPS corals before.  I've also seen a green slimer let out a thick coating of slime around its base to kill off zoas (bam bams, cleared a good half inch out once it started).  I had not until today seen them on an acro, and also not on algae.Mind you...
  8. J

Incorrect user name

Instead of the little green "Welcome back jccaclimber" I'm now getting "Welcome back JP415".
  9. J

Cannot access thread

I am attempting to read the user "MichaelSmith"'s threads about seahorses and coral propagation.  When I click either of these the URL seems valid, but I end up at the home page.  His user account shows three posts, but his recent activity is empty.  Did this turn out to be a spammer that was...
  10. J

FS: Blue/green palys

As I'm taking care of an algae issue I'm also trying to clear some frag rack space.  I've decided not to move these into my display and want them out of my tank.  I feel bad drying them out without offering them to the club first as I know some people do have an appreciation for palys.Three...
  11. J

Free coral for beginners

As a standing offer, and an attempt at boosting activity on the boards I'm offering a free frag to anyone in the group who is starting a new tank, or turning a FOWLR to a reef.  I've enjoyed being a part of this community, and would like to give something back.The rules are as follows:1) You...
  12. J

My Duncan, Cousin Itt

No question, just a photo I took of one of my duncans today and decided to share.  It reminded be of Cousin Itt from the Addams Family.
  13. J

Gen 3 Pro Radions for sale

I've decided to upgrade my tank to Gen4Pro, so the Gen 3 Pro units are available.$425 each, have 8 left.  $400 each if you buy more than one.  They are all currently running and will be taken down as they are sold. 
  14. J

Chasing Coral

This was forwarded to me the other day, I don't have Netflix, so I haven't seen it yet.1) Has anyone seen it, is it any good?2) It says you can get a viewing license to host 1 free screening, club event?3) Anyone have an idea what it might cost to rent out a theater for a club showing?  It looks...
  15. J

Tomorrow's meeting location?

The message says "Stacy's Furniture", but there are a couple of those.Is this the address?1900 S Main St, Grapevine, TX 76051