Recent content by dp1416

1. D

Closed Loop people step inside--->

I have had experience with them and personally they are not my cup of tea. Once you drill your tank you are pretty much limited to the drain and return of the loop and generally the power consumption you have with pump associated with the needed flow is no where as efficient as a vortec or tunze...
  2. D

par levels

what is acceptable levels for different corals to grow? I know this is a vast open question, but in reality i am curious to know what the different needs are. SPS - generalizing SPS for all types (understanding some are more light demanding) what is a ball park range? If you have 500par on the...
  3. D

zoa ids

Any help is appreciated.
  4. D

orange yumas

why have they gone outrageous in price. I was looking online and they were selling 120-150 a polyp...are they that rare now like the ricordia? what gives?
  5. D

Coral ID - War Coral

Is this a true war coral? I was told by a few it was and it was sold as such, but i have seen several variations of it.....what do you think? Had several ask to buy a chunk of it, what is the going rate and best way to frag it? I doubt i will frag it because i really like it, but there are some...
  6. D

scoly's

Is it possible to frag scolys? I have tried to do the research but have not found anything. If not, how do they propogate and grow? I have seen some fungias that have dropped babies or pods but was curious to know how soclys grow.
  7. D

foam covers for korallia?

Do they make foam covers for koralia pumps? I have not seen any but want some for my nem tank. if not, i can diy some i guess.
  8. D

Nem - Frag-enstin frag tank - about 350g total

Well, nems are my favorite. i have about 13 shermans, 7 red quadra colors, 12 greens and 7 green with orange tips, and a really nice big bright green carptet...yup 40 nems.... So i decided to keep my livestock alive i would build a nem set up just for my nems. i want 100 of them. Here goes My...
  9. D

elegance coral

anyone having luck keeping these? Seems like they died for a while but i have seen some nice pics lately. any tips as i am thinking about getting one.
  10. D

594 Updated Thread - Woo-hoo

several have PM asking about the tank and i did not konw it got moved to the Tank Build Thread...heck i did not even know we had one. I just updated with tons of pics as i am building the 10ft tank cover for it...gotta love it...
  11. D

free aptasia - no joke

I have my pico tope covered in aptasia. I know this sounds crazy but my silly mother in law loves aptasia. She sees it as the mini nem that she can keep in her 12g nano. She wants a true nem but does not have the habits to keep one let alone the equipt. So i decided to see how many i could...
  12. D

interesting find - ID help needed

I purchased a coral from fish gallery and after i aclimated it in my normal bucket i went to put it in the tank.....wait! I saw a flash of red dance around my fingers and then i turned the coral over to find my new little hitchiker friend. The neatest little fella you could find. dont know what...
  13. D

hypo treatment

is it possible to hypo in the main tank? If so, would you just need to remove the corals and inverts and lower the salinity for a period of time? For someone who has large fish it is difficult to set up proper qt setups for them and not stress them to the point of no return. i have seen severa...
  14. D

I am thrilled and drilled - club drill bits

Well i have been working on the sump for the big tank and all i needed to do was to drill holes and after much anticipation...i drilled my first hole and it was not too bad. I was pretty excited! Took a while but it was a nice clean drill. Thanks to ChrisT, the club now has a 1.5 bit. So in my...
  15. D

Pink insulation foam compression

What is acceptable. I have been looking at my tank and i notice about a 1/16 to 3/32 gap at one corner and when i look at the overflow it is abou 1/16 off. My question is if the pink foam will compress allowing the areas to be filled in.