orange yumas

why have they gone outrageous in price. I was looking online and they were selling 120-150 a polyp...are they that rare now like the ricordia? what gives?

man, maybe i really do need to start selling some frags, lol...ive seen the bright red and crazy color combo ones going for high prices, but never just the oranges, maybe a collection issue or import thing...they always looked weird to me anyways

I don't understand it, price is craz considering I have 10 to 15 polyps of them, they are sweet but not that sweet. *ne want to trade me a vette for one of them?

Yumas have been pretty much steady in price the last year or so.... orange seems to be a common color in ones I have seen, where the pinks, blues etc seem to be the harder to find color patterns.

You can get rics floridia for good prices still from the florida divers online.

Anything from Haiti are still very expensive though.

I was talking to a friend last week about them.... and we still are amazed people drop that kind of change on a mushroom... sure they are pretty and not nearly as invasive as the other mushrooms, but they are still mushrooms.

Guess its the colors... just like zoanthid and palys.... if people didn't want to pay the prices, they would come down.

They also grow much slower, so propagating them isn't as easy as zoanthids and palys, or should I say quick/efficient instead.

@Bayou wrote:
[quote="They also grow much slower said:
Yea, much, much slower. I dropped a load of cash for a nice orange w/ green mouth last fall and it has only produced 1 new polyp in 4 months."]

Stress them out and they will split faster, things like kalk dusting, aiptasia x etc.... a guy on RC turned me onto that. I tried it and got a couple of splits but I wouldn't try it on anything I wouldn't want to lose.