Nem - Frag-enstin frag tank - about 350g total

Well, nems are my favorite. i have about 13 shermans, 7 red quadra colors, 12 greens and 7 green with orange tips, and a really nice big bright green carptet...yup 40 nems....

So i decided to keep my livestock alive i would build a nem set up just for my nems. i want 100 of them. Here goes

My frag set up consists of 4-28 g oceanic tanks that measure 24 long by 15 high by 18 deep. they have a corner overflow with a 3/4 drain. The back and sides are all blacked out with acrylic.

My set up consists of a welded 2x2 rack that is 53 inches wide, 24 inches deep and 72 inches tall. I will have two tanks on top, two tanks in the middle and a sump that i will build out acrylic. the sump will be 48x16x14 tall and will run a ASM g2 simmer.

Lighting will be by the following (more for research purposes and because this is what i have on hand)

Top tank will be a coralife 48 inch quad fixture
2nd tank will be a 24 inch 3 bulb t4 fixture and a 150 hqi mh on the other tank.

I am doing this to see what i like best.

The grow out tank will be a 180g cube that is 4x4 by 18 inches deep (think lagoon tank) that will have a 75g sump and a single lumenbright 400w on a light rail....talk about a sweet tank.

All in all, my goal is to have tons of nems and zoos and things that i can swap out of my main tank. I am excited and i just finished the frag stand tonight and need to work on pics and buy the metal for the 180 cube.....now i just have to find that money?

always something fun to see out of you, lol, good luck with it all, ill have to swing buy and check it out.

well time for some updates.

Lighting is 2 48 inch dual T4 lights
Ac3 controller
65g rimless tank that is 3x2x16 tall
Quiet one 6000
150 phosban running carbon

New addition!

Picked up a 180 cube tank that will be the grow out tank. Tank is 4ft wide 4ft deep and 18 inches tall with about 180lbs of rock.

Lighting is a single 400w 10k XM bulb that is about 24 inches off of the water

75g sump

ASM g4x

Mag 12 return with flow accelerators

Tunze 6100 inside the overflow

Stand is 2piece welded 2x2x1/4 inch square tube

Tank is super awesome and i LOVE the dept.

Water tank is a 200g salt tank that i run a baracuda pump to do water changes on all tanks.

Eric69 is going to install the utility sink in the room so i have drain access

I am having humidity issues out the wazoo. The dehumidifier works good but is an electric hog. I am thinking of putting a high cfm vent in the celing and running it off of a sofit on the outside of the house...we shall see

well i have had a brain thought and decided to redo the system, sux but it will be better in the end. I am going to put the frag tank on the left side of the cube tank and use one sump and skimmer for the both of them. I am trying to reduce electrical costs and i can do so with one skimmer, two heaters and only one pump....an 800.00 electric bill is a little to swallow. Guess that happens when you have about 1150g of water to light, cool, heat and skim

yikes

here is where the fun part comes in. My frag rack is 53 inches and the space is only 48 inches....apart comes the cube and will move it down about a foot to allow room for plumbing. bummer, but it will make it easier in the end.

That is a great cubish tank. I like it. I'd want to have it set up so I could walk all sides.

Dang Donnie, you're going to have to start charging admission just to make up for your electric! :lol: Too bad you had to move it around it's looking good!

pneumatic, probably both depending on how many i culture. stay tuned! I would rather trade but we will see what happens. i just moved it tonight and have it half way set up so now i have to drill, plumb and move the frag rack to tie it in...ready to split shermans, just have to get it stabalized@