Recent content by ctaylor81

1. C

ID help?

I swear I bought these as Everlasting Gobstoppers, but they look like Armor of God's as well. What do you think???? This is full zoom on my camera and I can't get any closer without getting my hands wet. alt="">
  2. C

SPS Question

I've got a peak in my rockscape that is directly in front of an MP40, so it blasts this area with flow. I've got the MP40 on reef crest mode, so the flow goes up and down over time. Obviously not all SPS likes to be blasted, so I'm looking for a recommendation on a type of SPS that generally...
  3. C

Dead long nose butterfly - any help?

About 5-days ago I noticed my yellow long nose butterfly had swelling around the top and bottom fins, but he was eating/acting fine. A few days later, this wasn't the case. I was able to catch the fish and put it in my sump while I set up my QT tank on Saturday. I came home today to check on...
  4. C

Bio Pellet Question

I've used the search function, but haven't found an answer to my question. I plan to use bio pellets on my new 120-gal in a Next Reef reactor. I think I'm going to run it on my Mag9.5 and T the pump off and run it to the bio pellet reactor and a BRS reactor, with ball valves to control the...
  5. C

Ctaylor81's 120-gal Upgrade

So my quest to upgrade from my current 4 foot 90-gal to a 200 plus 6 foot tank will have to be delayed due to space constraints. The wifey is a bit strict on what I put in our living room, so my best bet was to get a little more depth and go with a standard 120-gal for now. I originally wanted...
  6. C

RO/DI Boosting Pump?

What are my options for a boosting pump for a 150gpd RO/DI unit that is only producing half of that due to water pressure?
  7. C

Possible new tank, help identifying??

I read one day on another forum about a guy who received a 180 or 210 (or something) RR tank for free from a friend of a friend. I was always jealous and thought, "what a lucky guy, that would never happen to me." Well, yesterday I got an email from a friend that said he had a tank that I...
  8. C

55-gal Drums on CL

I've seen these used the 55-gal plastic drums posted on CL for some time now and figured they would be great to make a decent water station with. I inquired with the guy recently on what exactly they were used for. He asked what I wanted to use the drum for, and when I told him aquarium water...
  9. C

Cree LED Fixture

I decided to switch from my Evolution LED's to a custom LED setup that would give me more control over my colors. I tend to like a more natural look, and the Evo's were just too blue for me. I had Wayne (ImageX) build me a fixture with a 50/50 mix of Cree XP-E and XP-G's with dimmable Meanwell...
  10. C

Amazed at LFS, once again...

I gave my dad my Red Sea Max 130 (34-gal) and his cycle has completed and he's ready to buy his first fish. He is at a LFS today and they have the nerve to recommend a sailfin tang to him as his first fish. It really pisses me off that our LFS that we are supposed to support are out there...
  11. C

Red Sea Max 130 - 34-gallon build

Hey guys, I'm a few weeks in on this build so I thought I'd share a few pic's. I started with a RSM that needed some serious help. It had been neglected for several months and was covered in hair algae and was pretty much impossible to look at and see anything good. I spent a couple of weeks...
  12. C

Fix-it-Stick???

I was at Lowe's today and was looking for the JB Weld putty to mount my corals. I couldn't find anything except for a product called Fix-it-Stick. Has anybody used the Fix It stuff? It is made by a company called Oatey. Red and white paper inside the clear tube. I got some, but will wait and...
  13. C

Good beginning

I wanted to take a minute to share in a positive experience I've had recently. I was online searching for a deal on some carbon and decided to include Petco in the search. I was browsing their website, and decided to look over their fish list to see what they had. I was pleasantly surprised...
  14. C

Show Us Your Carpet Anemones

I'd like to see some more pic's of some local reefers with carpet anemones. I picked up a green carpet a few weeks back and love it so far. I hate where it landed, but I guess that's my fault for not putting it further down towards the bottom of the tank or sandbed. I've tried adjusting my...
  15. C

White Spots on Rock

I've searched on here, and have read several threads, but haven't seen any pic's that look exactly like what I'm inquiring about. These are the best shots I could get of it, so any help is appreciated. Snail eggs? alt="">