SPS Question

I've got a peak in my rockscape that is directly in front of an MP40, so it blasts this area with flow. I've got the MP40 on reef crest mode, so the flow goes up and down over time. Obviously not all SPS likes to be blasted, so I'm looking for a recommendation on a type of SPS that generally doesn't mind being blasted most of the time. I am hesitant to move the MP40, as I think its in a great spot for the rest of my tank. I maybe should have paid attention to this a little better when placing the rock work, but no going back now. I've got a few stags, mille's, green slimer and tri-color valida I could put there, so anyone have a suggestion on which would be best to place there?

Thanks in advance

The Mp40 does a good job of creating a wide flow apposed to a hard stream like other powerheads. If it really close no SPS will like it. You can place it there for a couple days and see how it does. Just check for tissue damange and move right away if you see any.

It isn't REALLY close, but I'd say 8 inches out and a few inches down from the MP40 and definitely the first part of my rockscape that gets hit with the flow. I placed an ORA Chipps colony and polyp extension took a dive very quickly, so I moved it after less than 24 hours. Green slimers seem to be indestructible, so I may try and give that one a go at it. They are one of the most commonly available that I have, so I guess if something bad happens it could be replaced easily.

I am supprized the chips reacted like that. I would have thought anything would be good at that distance.