Recent content by Acrodisiac

1. A

I fail at Steve's LEDs

Well this sucks. I purchased some LEDs and drivers/power supply from Steve so I could replace my 150MH frag light. I glued 7 leds to a heat sink, wired them up and installed the driver and power supply. The power supply was only putting out 18.4v max with the knob turned all the way up. I...
  2. A

DIY Dosing pumps for a fraction of the cost!

There have been threads out there on DIY dosing pumps and since I am in the process of building the MOTHER OF ALL TOP OFF WATER DOSING PUMPS, I thought I would share some of the info. I have owned an aqualifter pump and used it used it for my top off pump but hate it when it siphons and leaks...
  3. A

Just changed RO pre filters and TDS is 33?

Hello, maybe someone can help me out. I just changed out my sediment filter, 5 micron carbon, and 6 micron carbon. My TDS before DI was 12-17 and now it's 33 with the new filters. I ran the filters for about 3-5 min before hooking the line up to the membrane. At this rate i'm going to burn...
  4. A

How is everyone's reef doing?

Just thought I would check in. I've been wondering how everything is going with everyone's reef tank? Please take a moment and post a picture of your reef. I've moved and had to re-setup my 120g reef. I've installed a new 40g breeder sump and converted to 4 DIY AI SOL LED modules (built them...
  5. A

Steve's LEDs are here.

Hello all, i bought 28 RB 2 chip LEDs from Steve's LEDs. Happy with the price and the completeness of the kit. It took me 2 hrs to assembly one of my 22" arrays. I'm using these LEDs for actinic supplementation. I was sick of spending $60 every 7 months on VHOs and the 220watts it took to...
  6. A

Tested PAR on my MH setup.

Apogee MQ-200 PAR meter came yesterday. As soon as I can make a holder for this thing and get better readings I'll post a picture of my tank with readings. But Last night I attached the sensor to my sea squirt with a zip tie and got some readings. My setup: My 400W 20K Ushio SI metal halides...
  7. A

Apogee PAR meter on its way!

Woohoo, finally pulled the trigger on a PAR meter. Can't wait to see the light output of current setup. On a side note i've got 24 LEDs from Steve's LEDs coming and I can't wait to test those out. The LEDs aren't being added for PAR but rather color as I have two 400W MH over my system. I'll...
  8. A

Green Star Polyps

Anybody have some to trade here in or near WF? Thanks Jason
  9. A

Pink Radium (400w si)

Just thought I'd start my own thread. This is the second radium I’ve gotten that burns pink. I've had it on M135, coralvue dimmable (all watt levels), and icecap ballasts. It's pink on all of them. The bulb is burned in for 2 months already...I’m done with Radium. Burning next to it is a 10...
  10. A

It's the weekend! Anybody want to trade or buy frags?

Looking to trade and sell frags....buy if you have any. Sunday will work, anytime during the day. Send me a PM if your interested! Lets fill some tanks!
  11. A

Woo Hoo!

Well this sure is cool. Lets arrange something soon! We can do a frag swap BBQ or something. I've got fists full of frags to trade or sell and my offer still stands. If you join the club (as in get a paid membership) you get a free frag pack catered to your tank conditions! My name is Jason...
  12. A

Anybody in the Wichita Falls area? FRAGS!

Hello, looking for reefers in the Wichita Falls area. I'm just north of WF in Burkburnett. I'm looking to check out tanks and trade frags...or sell...would rather trade. If you feel like a drive and are not a member of DFWMAS I've got frags for free for you. Become a member of DFWMAS and...