Recent content by A_Sig

1. A

pairing clownfish

I HAD a pair of pink skunk clowns this morning. When i came home, i found the male shrivled up and dead on my bedroom floor. Would i have difficulty adding a small pink skunk. I really don't need them to breed or anything, i just wanted to make sure the larger female would not be aggressive...
  2. A

something maybe wrong with my seabae

I'v had him for three days now. When i first placed him in the tank he found a spot. The next morning, as the lights came on, hswe unattached himself from the rock he was at. I moved him to another spot where it had more water flow, and he quickly grabbed onto the rock in that area. Then...
  3. A

Hqi Bulbs

I was wondering which Hqi bulb should i use. I'm going to put 150 watt hqi over a 15 gallon nano. Everyone on Nano-Reef said to go with the 14k Phoenix. I was wanting more of a white light with a very light tint of blue. open for suggestions...
  4. A

Problem - Sand is getting hard

[I have no clue why this is happening in my reef. The sand bed is pure aragonite and is about 1 inch deep. It is forming a hard crust at the surface and my green carpet anemone does not like this. Anyone know what can be the problem??? I started breaking some of it up, but some of it is...
  5. A

Green carpet anemone - Got a few questions

[I kinda rushed into buying this bad boy and was wondering what can i do to keep this thing beautiful??? I'v had a bubble BTA before, i never fed it, i just let the clown do all the feeding. I have no clowns yet so i'm thinking i will have to get some soon. Just let me know what ya'll have...
  6. A

Aqua c vs beckett - Which is better?

[i'v heard many good things about both types of skimmers, but i need to know which one does the better job. I'm buyin one for xmas so i need to know pretty quick. And how much louder is the beckett over the spray injection. The two i was looking at was the Bullet 1 and the Ev 120. Let me know...
  7. A

Skimmer question

[i'm thinking of just downgrading to an Aqua C Remora Skimmer and just hanging it on the side of the sump Instead of getting a really nice Trigger Skimmer. I'll save about 50 percent versus the Trigger Skimmer, but i don't know if it will work hanging off the side of a sump since the water...
  8. A

Ballast question - Might be a stupid question

[I have a Magnetic 175 watt MH ballast that pushes two bulbs. Currently I am only using on bulb. I just unplugged the other cord from the ballast? There is only one on and off switch on the ballast. My question is, am i using the same amount of energy as the two bulbs running, even though...
  9. A

Ca reactor question?

[I need to know if you can use one on a tank as small as 35 gallons. The smallest reactor i'v seen has been rated for a 125 gallon tank. I want a reactor so that I can keep sps and not have to be home everyday to dose Bionic (what i use now) or kalkwasser. Let me know what ya'll think?]
  10. A

Planning new stand - Need some input and opinions

[I'm planning on building a new stand and need some opinions on the design of it. I was on RC looking at everyone's diy stand, and i have not clue on how i want to design it. I'm torn between a seperate stand and canopy, or a stand and canopy combo. I'll post some pictures to explain what i mean.]
  11. A

Equiment check - Skimmer or fuge

[My 30 I plan to setup in a few months will contain only SPS corals. The tank will also have no fish, maybe a lawnmower blenny just to take care of some algea if any. My question is, what will I need? A skimmer and fuge, or, one or the other? I would like to do only a fuge so that it would...
  12. A

The end of the road - Can't have a tank anymore...

[With school about to start back up and electricity bill sky rocketing, my parents have decided that i don't need my reef anymore. So i'm moving everything into my girlfriends 58 gallon, but i need some advice. Her tank was set up about a month 3 weeks ago. It has about 27 pounds of live rock...
  13. A

Mh ballast question? - Magnetic pulse or probe

[What the heck is the difference. I know everyone is thinking why am i gunna get a magnetic ballast? Well in short, I am cheap... and it's going on a fish only tank. Now i know your asking yourself another question, MH on a fish only? Well i want the option of going reef if I change my mind...
  14. A

Rust - How bad is my situation?

[I use small razor to scrape the inside front of the tank clean. I guess i dropped one in there and i found it this morning all rusted up. My clam isn't looking too hot right now, his little foot think was holding onto the razor blade. What do i need to do???]
  15. A

Glue? - Need exact name

[Just wondering which glue is the best for sps frags. Lately i'v just been wedging the frags into a whole in the live rock and it has been working very well for me. But i got a frag of orange cap, and the spot where i want to put it, it keeps falling off. So i need to know what is the name of...