yet another Zoa ID

Heres a pic with the flash as requested.
100_0203.jpg
alt="">
I'm in talks with acouple people about selling the whole colony, so frags aren't available just yet. If it doesn't happen then I'll frag it up.
Thanks, Tony

I'm picking up the colony from shaggy and I will frag it up for everybody who wants a frag of it. hopefully this way somebody will figure out a way to keep them.

For blue zoanthids, they're extremely susceptible to infections due to fragging, so I will be dipping them for at least two weeks. After that, depending on how many frags survive, I will divide them up according to the price I got them for, and the first frag will be donated to the club for free. BOD can decide what you guys want to do with it. sounds good?

I'll keep updates on this.

ps. please don't start pm'ing me to get in line.

No wonder this thread has been so popular. Those are gorgeous.

I was already in line with him to get a frag of 25 polyps. I was waiting to see if some others might go into together with me to save on shipping but I guess you bought it outright. I hope I can get a frag from ya.

@extinguishfire wrote:
I was already in line with him to get a frag of 25 polyps. I was waiting to see if some others might go into together with me to save on shipping but I guess you bought it outright. I hope I can get a frag from ya. said:
sorry :?
I'm picking up from him because I'm near Houston... and i'm going to pretreat the frags for a couple of weeks so that they'll survive better in your tanks.. hopefully it will reduce their chances of developing fungus from fragging.

-me three Michelle....(20+0 polyps too please...
-sidenote: zoaID does have a "morph' pic of their "AOI" zoas that looks similar... but not rays of blue - just a blue fringe....
they are trying to call this morph "blue steel" zoas...
but there is already a "blue-steel" paly... I think it was named about the time Zoolander the movie was out
- remember he had a "signature look called "blue-steel"???
AOI is Japanese for blue/green (thats what it says)...
Bill

I am also buying a colony, if anyone wants to buy frags.. That is mainly why I was doing it, I wanted a nice size chunk, and sell the rest at cost

I am also buying a colony, if anyone wants to buy frags.. That is mainly why I was doing it, I wanted a nice size chunk, and sell the rest at cost, but I guess some ppl got ahead. If anyone wants to go in half on the colony I am buying pm me.

as far as the id of this zoa, yes it is similar to aoi and alien eye, but not exactly the same. but that doesn't mean that they're different zoas, as zoas do morph and do come in different intensities. Aoi and alien eye are closely related and so is this type.

I saw 3 colonies for sale @ Fish Gallery in Houston for $100 each last week. Its no wonder someone from Houston would be so quick to sell a whole colony on a DFW board. Why not Marsh? Lol.

Yeah fish gallery has them 30 to 50 polyps for $100, they sold out..... As for the reason of not selling on marsh ya'll cry about anything thats over $30.........

Got my colony today... not from shaggy. these are the ones I posted originally..

Camera make : SONY
Camera model : DSLR-A300
Date/Time : 2009:04:26 20:28:05
Resolution : 350 x 251
Flash used : Yes (manual, red eye reduction mode)
Focal length : 70.0mm (35mm equivalent: 105mm)
Exposure time: 0.0080 s (1/125)
Aperture : f/5.6
ISO equiv. : 400
Exposure bias: 1.00
Whitebalance : Manual
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure : aperture priority (semi-auto)

I didnt like it at first but I been getting used to it, Ya I got mine after seeing yours.. :oops: :lol: CPY CAT