yet another Zoa ID

blureef2

Membership Expired
I wanted to buy these zoas today, but they were sold by the time I got home, anyone know what they are...I looked them up as blue hornets as they were being sold but cant find them..

Thanks

now those are some sexy zoas, wish you would have got em so i could have bummed a frag from ya ;)

Well if another one comes up, i will buy it and will divide the price amongst the number of polyps, and sell them for the price I pay, and donate a few to the coop..

thats what im talking about! at least you know it wont be hard to sell, lol. ill take 10 polyps ok?

yea it would be nice to have... but the only problem is...
these are one of the hardest to keep alive in the tank. I've had a few tries, but every single time, they just melt away after a while. So I asked a other zoa collectors out there, and they all have the same experience...
well, they usually have captive grown frags of this at exotic reefs, but the site is down now. Even with captive grown, these are just so finicky, which is why you don't see a lot of them on the market. Heck, my ppes do even better than these.

@ddier2020 wrote:
will do guys.. scott sells stuff at good prices. we'll see if I can get a hold of one. said:
He used to. Now he is like everyone else. two or three years ago his place was one of the best to buy from.

alien-eye zoas actually have a tiny dot for the center and green fringe...
-these are alien eyes (as per ZoaID)
like the chalice coral of the same name....
-I believe yours to be a variant of "peacock-eye" zoas - and they are probably african... Ive seen a few like it....
-heres a pic for comparison

So yall want these polyps, I'll sell my colony.

100_0192.jpg
alt="">
100_0202.jpg
alt="">