PJ's 265 Tank Build

Last week I bough a halide setup from a member. I just got my new bulbs in and set up a temporary canopy. [attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342792096.054624.jpg[/attachment]

I love the blue color. [attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342793652.410494.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342793678.043270.jpg[/attachment]

I had my lights off for a couple of days why I waiting on bulbs an I just noticed today that my bubble tip has split. It is the first nem I have had that retained its bubble tip. [attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342914826.170192.jpg[/attachment]

@pjracer wrote:
Last week I bough a halide setup from a member. I just got my new bulbs in and set up a temporary canopy. [attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342792096.054624.jpg[/attachment] said:
Looking good!

Could you give me some info about what you are using/doing for water movement(powerheads), and what size return pump you are using? Doing a tank of similar volume soon and you have done a nice job with your setup.

Just a update on my tank. I lost most of my fish due to something. Have 4 now for almost 4weeks now. However the loss I also have never been able to keep montipora. I had some in the tank and they would always bleach. I found my answer. I switched from two part too mall and all corals have colored up great and have started showing signs of growth. Awesome to see something go from white to green, red , and purple.

I got som new additions. [attachment=2]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349884817.734935.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349884834.315979.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349884848.992776.jpg[/attachment]

@pjracer wrote:
Today I worked on my Ro and salt holding tanks. Got everything plumbed. said:
What size barrels are those and where did you get them? Does the RO unit go to both barrels so you just mix the salt in one and have fresh in the other?.?. If so, what do you use for mixing the salt with? Sorry for all the questions, I'm ready to install my RODI unit but need ideas.

@reeferwanabe wrote:
[I]@pjracer wrote:[/I][quote="Today I worked on my Ro and salt holding tanks. Got everything plumbed. said:
What size barrels are those and where did you get them? Does the RO unit go to both barrels so you just mix the salt in one and have fresh in the other?.?. If so, what do you use for mixing the salt with? Sorry for all the questions, I'm ready to install my RODI unit but need ideas."]

Thanks for asking questions. They are 2 55 gallon food grade barrels. If you search 55 gallon drums garland you can get them from a guy that sells them for 20 each. I have the RO running to both with float valves on both. I have a shut off line so I only let water go in their when I want it to. I have a hydro pump that mixes the salt. One is salt and one is RO. I have a pump that can move the water to the tank via hose.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349920436.193153.jpg[/attachment]

Took a panorama with the iPhone.

@johntran216 wrote:
Sweet upgrade. What did u say u switched out of the 2part into? Some of my montis bleach overtime as well said:
I switched to kalkwasser because when I was using 2 part I my montipora started bleaching but when I started kalkwasser everything colored up.

This build is awesome. Some day when I have the time, money, and space I will setup something this large ;) Great work and also love to see some updates as well. Following along...

Well its been a while but i have been working on some other projects but today kicks off the next stage of my build. I am starting my canopy build and just like i showed you my detail in my stand i am going to do the same for my canopy.

Today i ordered my new lights. I ordered from Steve LED's:
72 inch X 3 DIY kit. 2:1 ratio sps kit.
Refugium LED Light Kit.
Apex driver interface.
60 degree optics.

I also ordered a calcium reactor form Geos reef. I ordered the CR618 calcium reactor.
I ordered the electric regulator from aquarium plants with the 10# co2 tank.
I ordered a Milwaukee ph controller from BRS.

Now i wait for it all to arrive while i constrict my Canopy. Pictures to come.

Once i get this new light setup installed i am going to be selling my old Metal Halide setup. it has all new bulbs. The set includes. 3 mini pendants. 3 250 W xm 20k lights. 2 6ft VHO super actinic lights. 2 blue line Balasts and 1 ARO VHO balast. All in great condition.