PJ's 265 Tank Build

pjracer

Premium Member
I recently sold off my 72 gallon reef to upgrade to a new 265 Gallon setup.

A couple of days ago and alot of research I started the process of creating my new setup. For now I have decided on a FOWLR setup but after a while I will migrate back to a reef.

Tank:
265 Gallon Aquarium. Corner overflows. Made Localy by Planet Aquarium. 84 x 24 x 31 Tall.

Sump:
Customer made Sump. Made localy by Planet Aquarium then DIY with customer acrylic inserts. 48 x 18 X 16

Stand:
Custom built. Stained Mahogony

Lights:
2 Wave point T5 retrofit kits. 1 is 3 ft and the other is 4 feet. 4 rows. Two Actinic and 2 10K's.

Skimmer:
Reef Octopus 5000 INT with Bubble Blaster pump. This thing is a beast.

Rock and Sand:
300 pounds of Macro rock. 300 Pounds of live sand.

Controler:
Neptune systems Apex lite.

Its coming together pretty nice. My neaghbors have been coming over admiring it. Truth is i have never don this before but im glad i watched all thoes home improvment shows when I was younger.

My wife and i went down and picked out the wood stain yesterday. I picked out 3 and we stained some test pieces. I like the darker red and she likes the lighter. I guess the wife wins this one. Eather way its going to look good.

PJ, if this is a first for you, stick with it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're going to be one hell of a Carpenter (woodworker). Awesome job !!!!!!!!! Take lots of pics and also show us your canopy buid.

@pjracer wrote:
Its coming together pretty nice. My neaghbors have been coming over admiring it. Truth is i have never don this before but im glad i watched all thoes home improvment shows when I was younger. said:
I'm still on the floor laughing. [smilie=rofl.gif] That came out really good, don't think we have to worry about water on the floor due to stand failure. [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=clapping.gif]

Cheers,

Today I went by the Planet Aquarium and got some dementions for my tank. It is a really solid tank. They did a good job. I have to do some slight stand modifications for the overflow holes.

@Bulldog Steve wrote:
Great looking stand you have done an outstanding job. What do you plan on doing for doors. Steve said:
Thanks for asking. 3 large doors. 1 on the far left that opend outward then the larger section to the right has 2 of the same doors that open from the middle.

Over the last two weeks I have been working hard at stainingand urathaning. The stand is done ready for the tank delivery tomarrow. I dry fit the sump today and unpacked all the rock.

Me and my son unpacked 300 pound of Macro rock from Macrorock.com. They shipped it on a pallet with every piece bubblewraped and gave me exactly what I wanted.

A special thanks to Armondo and his team in helping get the tank delivered and set in place. This is a solid Tank.