curts' 300 gallon StarPhire Glass (96X30X24)

That is one awesome setup you have there. Also, you are being very creative and innovative. Can wait to see this monster up and running. This has to be one of the nicest and well thought out systems I have seen.

Ok so leak test and pump break in went well now i have to re level the tank as it is now 1/2 in off (i belive it to be from water weight) i will jack it up and shimm it then add sand and salt water not to big of an issue just a pain -curt-

Hi all i leveled the tank with a bottle jack and some 1/2in ply wood shimms and it is all back together i am currently washing 550lbs of crushed limestone sand and mixing water i will take and picts when it all gets added thanks for watching

@curt.smith wrote:
i am currently washing 550lbs of crushed limestone sand said:
Yikes... good luck with that. That should take you a while, and give you a sore back.

@curt.smith wrote:
Hi all i leveled the tank with a bottle jack and some 1/2in ply wood shimms and it is all back together i am currently washing 550lbs of crushed limestone sand and mixing water i will take and picts when it all gets added thanks for watching said:
How deep a sand bed you going seems like alot of sand. I did a 2 inch sand bed on my 150 and used alittle over 100 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am shooting for a 5in sand bed in a 8footX30inch tank and a 50 gallon sump and a 40 gallon refug so right around 500lbs according to DFWMAS REEF CALCULATOR

It sounds like you will have very little "live" rock / sand, if any. Take your time adding livestock because the tank won't support much bioload. It will take time for the bacteria to spread over your tank's rockwork and sand, and you don't want to overpopulate the system. Think nine months before it is really built up to handle a decent load.

Thanks for the heads up marc. I am adding in 200lbs of fiji active rock and 200lbs AquaRoche and the sand i will move fiji to sump when the manufactured rock takes (populates) and live sand in tank and in sump along with the clean rock and sand .i appoligize for the short posts and updates as i am in full swing to finnish the set up and cycling.

Hi all a long last few days sand is washed and in i am waiting for the water /salt to mix here are the picts of the sand bed it will end up deeper whin i add rock work and aquascape i am adding water over the weekend more pictures later thanks for following along

Its up and running with some rock and all of the sand I am starting to filter out the sand dust and hope in a few days it will be clear , in the morning i start loading/calibrating the APEX and fine toon the skimmer then start the cabnet build with plexyglass windows and auto light switches More later

I like the direction! You may want to consider this product to seed bacteria

http://www.marcorocks.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=11

Looking great Curt. Hope all is well on your side of town. If you need any help with anything, let me know!

As i am waiting for the water bio to start i thought i would start making ROCK i used 1 part txi white portland typ I cement , 2 parts crusded limestone (same as my sandbed ) and 2 parts txi play sand fine grain, 1/2 cup Rit wine cloth dye and 1/4 rock salt (ice cream type ) for texture and here is the first attempt i also added egg crate for a spine let me know what you think please . I think i got the mix right and now i can make the back wall and odds and ends like sump rubble thanks for looking

Hi all it was a good meeting tonight good to put more faces to logins as i stated at the meeting anyone wanting to stop by PM ME and i will pass on my info ...here are the current photos with live plate rock in the tank, Congrats to the NEW BOD