curts' 300 gallon StarPhire Glass (96X30X24)

Good morning all I appoligize for the LATE posting, I am falling behind with the posts as it's been full speed ahead on the build (not to worry, I did pause to shoot photos) for all to see so as the last post we were in the middle of the plumbing, very time Consuming and BRAIN NUMBING (as anyone that has undertook this Knows. let me see it was like this [measure,cut, glue, paint, run back to the home improvement store and repete. I am happy to report ITS DONE. here are the pictures of the step by step . I desided to place the skimmer out side the cabnet to make room for everything.i put it on a 3 in platform.
I am building a full front. cabnets and canopy so it will have its own door and light for easy removal the cabnet will also house the 5 GAL MRC Wast collector with APEX break out sensor switch and A SWAbbie Skimmer Cleaner also on the APEX,. the upper space will house the OZONE, Ballast and MP60 Control module
[attachment=2]skimmer installed.JPG[/attachment]
the 80 Watt UV filter is mounted to the wall directly behind the sump on a Closed loop. leaving room for the wipers to fully extend and operate.
the close loop will have the DRAIN/FILL fitting ballvalve as the bulk head is in the back/center of the desplay tank it should drain and fill with little desterbance to the desplay.
[attachment=1]Super Dart GOLD and UV loop.JPG[/attachment]
here is more the drains and returns I decided to use all 1.1/2 sch 40 pipe and fittings for all of the main plumbing.
[attachment=0]plumbing layout 5.JPG[/attachment]
more post today I have a few new picts to post. thank you for watching

Happy Day, all plumbing is finnished and looking good , I used 1.1/2 line for all main lines and reduced to 1in for returns up top
and 1in drains at each drain point the 1.1/2 in drain line flows into the PRO II Skimmer with a ballvalve for control ,[attachment=2]complete pipes 3.JPG[/attachment],

i have also painted and mounted the DIY Reactor it feeds off the main Return and drains back to main drain,
[attachment=1]completed pipes 1.JPG[/attachment]
and the drain for Reactor
,[attachment=0]completed pipes 4.JPG[/attachment]
I filled the overflows to check bulkheads and so far no leaks, i am mixing new salt water with 100gall of used water from last water change to mix and help cycle . i have 8 bags of pavestone sand to wash and put in i am also useing 100lbs of live pavestone sand that is in current system also to help it cycle
more to follow, thanks for watching -curt-

Now that is something that you don't see everyday, painted pipes that is.
sign0061.gif
alt="">

You can't hide that gear behind cabinetry. It's way too interesting, if you ask me.

thanks all for the kind words of motivation and support pm if you would like to stop by as i am cleaning sand and making water over the next few days and as you all know i am retired so this is the "job/hobby' feel free
thanks again all

@curt.smith wrote:
ok mark i had an idea for a plexy window in the cabnet doors lets talk said:
Door, heck thats so cool just leave it open lol. Only draw back people will spend more time looking under your tank than in the tank.

i am going to use 3/4 in oak and router in a 1/4 sheet of plexy (transluent light blue,i will be able to change out the color to clear) in the back of the doors and still be able to put a 1/2 in oak panel over it with magnets so it can still be covred, i will be using translusent blue 2in x 8ft pipe to run all my wires and i think i will put in a LED rope light for glow it will mount low on the back of the stand and i dont have to worry about water thanks for all the input -curt-

Yes sir We did use fusion (((FYI))) I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE YELLOW))))) for some damn reasson it was real messy and ran like NON fusion, the UV feedline was the hardest to get right and it was the shortest of all the plumbing, how ever all other colors went on nice and smoooooth i do recommend this paint the only reason i used yellow was that it feeds the UV/sun, you get the idea -curt-

Well all LEAK TEST #1 is a go and wouldn't have guessed BUT NO LEAKS (got to plan for murphy's law) i guess we will see The picts are from tap talk i will post better ones in morning. Thanks all -curt-