curts' 300 gallon StarPhire Glass (96X30X24)

hi its me again
as it is i have parts in shipping for the 2 weeks, I started a DIY 3 chamber reactor , here we go i plan to feed off my main return pump (super dart gold) plenty of extra to spare
first i took a look at space available i have all the room i need under the 8 foot tank and it will hang from the roof of cabnet as per the thick wood just under the tank plus the 2x4s no worries
first i found 3 cheep home filter units $30 (not RODI) they have 3/4 in and out ( important )
second look for clear or colored housing that you can see threw (also important)
third look how the inside of mount is some have narrow feeds and wont work for this app (really important )
i found the 10 in (GE) 3/4 clear house filter fits the bill on all counts it is also rated for 125 psi and build strong they also have a built on/in by pass valve
[attachment=1]diy2.JPG[/attachment]
now comes the adding and the parts list
depending on space and lay out yours might differ or need modding this is just what i did
[attachment=1]diy2.JPG[/attachment]
ok so in my case i started with a 90 EL at 1 in pvc. then into a 1 in Ball valve (course Adjustments)then into a 1in Union. with 1 in pvc every 6 in .then TEE to 3/4 in into ball valve (Fine Adjustment) with a 2.1/4 in long 3/4 pvc sch 40 very little space between the parts (3X), keeping the filters in parallel and into a 3/4 union then into the (in flow Side ) with slip/thread fitting of filter housing the (out flow side) is backward of the inlet just minus the ball valve and return on opposite side more pictures To follow ..............

page 2
here are the blow ups fo the parts minus the unions[attachment=1]diy6.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=1]diy6.JPG[/attachment]
ok i hope you all get the idea now its cut, prime and paste time ,making sure you give all glued parts a full coat of glue and quarter turn them in seats for a good bond key here is compleatly glue and turn quickly the glue starts on contact

more to follow..............

three
so this is what it looks like assambled[attachment=1]diy10.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=1]diy10.JPG[/attachment]
the total on this project with all parts and tools with the 3 filter units was around $ 180
more on this DIY in the next few days i will talk about the inside of the filter
thanks

first i found 3 cheep home filter units $30 (not RODI) they have 3/4 in and out ( important ) second look for clear or colored housing that you can see threw (also important) said:
Where did you find these?

hi everyone
things are starting to arrive now and till 2 weeks
here is some EYE CANDY
[attachment=2]apex.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=1]MP 60W ES.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=2]apex.JPG[/attachment]

Welcome to the big boy world deep pockets!

There is no substitute for appropriate equipment! [smilie=clapping.gif]

more items
[attachment=2]reeflo Super Dart GOLD X2.JPG[/attachment]
.[attachment=1]AQUA 80Watt UV.JPG[/attachment]
.[attachment=0]ozotech 150mg generator.JPG[/attachment]

and more
.[attachment=2]ATO.JPG[/attachment]
.[attachment=2]ATO.JPG[/attachment]
.[attachment=0]huge batt backup.JPG[/attachment]

and more stuff
.[attachment=2]70pint dehumidifier.JPG[/attachment]
i bought the aquaroche rock i like the idea and i am going to MAKE the rest with concrete and Cruched limestone sand thet we all use as sand beds
i have a bunch of real huge PAC Plates for a live center picse and its cured already
i also have 150 lbs of fiji live rock cured for the Sump.
I will Post it all as i build and learn
.[attachment=1]aquaroche rock2.JPG[/attachment]
.[attachment=0]aquaroche rock.JPG[/attachment]

Very nice toys! Why are you putting that rock on eggcrate? It's nice looking rockwork; not one I've seen before.

hi all just an update ( escaudio (BrianG) the same filter units can be found at your local Home Depot(R) around $40 in plumming section by home water filtration ) just getting back to you as requested I am going to start the inside of canister post later today or sunday stay tooned .
thanks
P.S this set up is perfict for 100 gallon tanks with same size filters . I may add more filters as needed for total water volume of 400 gal , with the unions and size of cabnet, I do have alot of extra room to expand

It is going to be exciting to see all your equipment come together in your tank. Nice job so far, keep up the good work.

thanks all for keeping up with the build as an update i am waiting for the Reeflo Orca pro2 skimmer to arrive so i can start the plumming an add WATER (happy Time) thank for looking