curts' 300 gallon StarPhire Glass (96X30X24)

If fallback is set to off it will turn off if something happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just got off the phone with the guys at Neptunes (it was amazing they picked up) anyway DO NOT try to update the firmware VIA WIRELESS it wont take properly when the power went out the controler tried to patch its self and crashed due to Wireless it has a built in hacker saftey, only on in home LAN with wire is the way to get it right so i have to let it die for a few days and hard wire it and reload then switch it back to wirelrss and do all of the reprograming of outlets and switches its not that bad but i dont trust any thing via wireless with this thing start from scratch and go from there

Ok all so I talked to them again and yes there is some kind of memory battery in there how ever they were happy to give me a RMA # and fix it for me, I will have it back by Friday and reloaded my settings by Monday thanks for all of the help and advise hey Ron still might need that programing help when it returns if you are around and up for it thanks for everything guys -curt-

just a question.
did you look in your skimmer pump to see if it had a factory Reeflo Orca impeller, or a special MRC impeller?
i know they make a impeller for the larger pumps (hammerheads and stuff) but i didnt know what they did for the smaller ones. (if your is a dart)

if you do look at it in the future, could you take a picture of it?
thanks!

also, any new pictures or updates?

Hi it has been a long few weeks on vacation and this weekend I have started to populate the 300 I plan on 3-4 phases with rotating fish and corral every 2 to 3weeks as water quality permits and remains stable ,as of now there are 8 fish in the tank , 1 pair of mated solid black clowns 3 in, 3 yellow tangs 4-5 in, 1 Sailfin tang 7 in, 2 regal tangs 6 in ish ,1 black foxface 5 in, 1 orange rabbit fish 5 in ish, i added a third of the corral I have over the week end tooooo many to list here are phase 1 pictures

Curt, don't add any more livestock for a least 6 weeks. You have huge fish in there that poop and it's going to take time for the bacterial level to handle that load without any other introductions.

Resist the urge to overfeed your tank. It's very easy to do in a tank your size, and it took me well over a year to figure out that I was causing all the water quality issues by feeding fish that appeared to be hungry every time I walked up to the tank.

Do you have biopellets running on this system yet? How long have they been going?

I won't be adding anything else for a long while and I am running vertex Pro-bio at 1,1/2 Liters they have been running for 6 weeks .I have been keeping up with water changes and using Bioptam. I also have a orca pro ll skimmer (it does a hell of a job) Very much WOW it seems to be working better and better each week as it runs. I do have an emergency 200 gallon tub set up in case any problems, I am going to wait for another month before I take it down .I know it is a bit on the rush side but I couldn't pass it up (thank you much Blue Angle for everything ) everything is healthy and happy so far -Curt-

Very nice build. I've been following along quietly.

How has the Powder Blue tang gotten along with the other tangs in the tank from when you got him to now?

My powder tang has been happy healthy and ich free, I had him for around 1.1/2 years and I got him real young a put him in with a spazzz hippo tang so now he really tolerates alot he is in with a big school of tangs and the purple tang doesn't faze him I am real lucky,thanks-curt-

Hi all I just want to throw out a huge THANK YOU to everyone that had a hand or words in my tank build the end result is Unbelievable to all whom helped move it in to the the few members and sponsors that guided me threw the parts buy and a huge thanks to blueAngel for the livestock thank you thank you and to the club as a whole thanks for the kind words of inspiration and motivation . The end aquarium is beautiful thanks again -curt-

here is a quick video of 300 gallon aquarium http://www.facebook.com/video/?encoding#!/video/video.php?v=246316585393185&comments

That looks really nice, Curt! Let's discuss exactly how much you are feeding those fish. As well as how many snails and other clean up crew you have in the tank now to keep this from getting away from you.

My last tank was a 280g and my current one is a 400g. With that many large fish, I'm imagining the temptation to feed them a lot of nori daily. My 280g had six tangs for a while, and 2 sheets a day did a big number on water quality that took almost a year to resolve. I'm far more controlled with my current fish load after living through that hell.

I am feeding 3 cubes of frozen and enriched food and 1 full nori sheet mixed between green red and brown randomly I have a super cleaning crew I have 200 red leg crabs and 150 blue leg 300 astral snails and around 35 or so peppermint shrimp and 3 skunk cleaner shrimp 1 large sea cucumber and 2 ex large lawnmowers and 3 horse shoes i also run ozone at 375 threw a orca pro ll skimmer that is sweet I am also dosing with Bioptam and running 1.5 Liters of vertex pro bio pellets it has carried this bio load for 2 weeks and zero ammonia spikes so far no2 is zero no3 is 5.0 on the decline it was 20 phos is .25 i am running 1/2 liter phos pellets calc is 380 and rising slowly Kent calcium for now
(not running calc reactor yet but it is all here waiting on PMI MODUAL apex ) kilkwasser reactor is here but not up yet
Kh/gh is 180 and ph is right at 8.0 and slowly buffeting up Kent super buffer, and Kent essential minerals weekly and DT LIVE plankton once a week along with oyster feast 3days later and once a week . Thanks -curt-