blide - 150g of Inwall Entertainment

Thanks for the info... I didn't know what size the driveway markers were, so I went ahead and order the 3/8 rod from tapplastics. I'm going to to pickup some pave stones for the pillar stands at lowes today, so I'll take a look at the markers and will most likely grab a few because I noticed they only cost $2.

With the mortar, are you going to have to soak for weeks, or anything like that, to pull the bad stuff out.

I know with homemade rock, they have to soak it for months, seems like, before using.

Here's the input I have from Mr Wilson on reefcentral (he uses it a lot and seems to be the expert on the stuff):

It should dry cure for at least 24 hours said:
So I plan to give it the full 28 days of just setting up and letting the tank cycle during that time.

As promised here's some mortar work pictures. There's definetly a learning curve to using this stuff because consistency is everything and I was never good at sculpting in art class! [smilie=rofl.gif] Plus mixing mortar in a bucket is not an easy task and after two evenings of mixing I'm worn out.

Overall I like how it's coming out, but I'm going to only use the mortar in a few places (overflows and side wall) because I decide to add more rock with the rods.

Pics:

Bill, you need one of these.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100506913/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Makes it a lot easier to mix. I've got one your welcome to borrow, if you don't want to have to buy one.

After tiling some areas in my house, I started adding the mix to the water, not the water to the mix. A lot easier this way.

Finished installing the sump, a float valve, and the electrical last night. [smilie=clapping.gif]

(Oh and thanks to Marc for having a great write up on "how to install a GFCI" electrical guide on his website.)

Well it's aquascaping day and I'm hoping everything goes smooth. [smilie=wink.gif] I've done the calcultions for the "Golden Ratio" method I posted on page 2 and have taped off the lines to stay in the boundaries. There's a horizon line in the back and the vertical tape is the ratio 1:1.618 (Focal Point). This method is popular for the planted tank aquascapers, so I'm about to find out if it transistions to saltwater. [smilie=thinking.gif]

Here's a pic:

Well I must say "Aquascaping" without water is a lot easier, but getting an idea out of your head and making the rocks look the way you want them to is still tough. [smilie=dull.gif] I did have to get my neighbor to come over and help out because drilling rock and stacking requires two people! [smilie=whew.gif]

I did used all of my dry rock today and will have some live rock from my current tank to move over in a couple weeks, but here's the base rock for now. [smilie=rofl.gif]

Oh and I have lots of DIY aquascaping materials left over if anyone is interested.

I changed out my RODI resin yesterday to get my water down to 0 TDS and wow those guys at BRS screw those canisters on tight. I ended up bending the mounting bracket and having to use the neighbors vice to unscrew the cansiter. After a hour of tyring to get the canister off and then refilling the resin I've finally got the 100gpd RODI working at full speed trying to full this thing up. Curious though does anyone know if it matters if add the salt after filling the tank?

Oh and Marc the Tropic Eden sand is working great. I really like the particle size and there's basically zero cloudiness.

Here's a question for you guys... I've never had a dual overflow tank and I'm wondering do most of you dill anti-siphon holes in both return lines? In the past I've never had to drill a hole because my sump was larger and I planned it that way again, but now I would like to manage the siphon more efficently to minimize the fuge water from rising over the internal sump overflow.

@blide wrote:
Here's a question for you guys... I've never had a dual overflow tank and I'm wondering do most of you dill anti-siphon holes in both return lines? In the past I've never had to drill a hole because my sump was larger and I planned it that way again said:
The answer is yes you need to drill a hole in both.

Thanks for the help David... I ended up drilling two small 1/8 holes on the bottom of each locline returns.

Due to work I'm still filling the tank with water, but it's getting close...

I'm usually not the kind of person to put symbols or attractions in my tank, but I couldn't resist with this rock. My wife kept calling it the skull rock and even the neighbor noticed it when I pulled it out of the acid bath. So I ended up placing in the front, but off to the side so hopefully it's not to distracting. What do you guys think do you see the skull?

LOL............yea I see the skull in there..........pretty neat and love the aquascape you have done.