blide - 150g of Inwall Entertainment

there has got to be some sort of compact hinge for this so they can remain hidden http://www.hardwaresource.com/hinges/CABINET+HINGES/European+Hinges+-+Blum+Hinges/ i would call to get a measurement on the faceframe side of this hinge they may also offer it in stainless. Of course you could always use stainless surface mount hinges. I love this cabinetry looks great. Casey

i see a couple of good places for some granite in your design [smilie=smile.gif]

oh and i was reffering to the compact 33

Well things are still moving slow with the tank, but made a little progress yesterday. The wife makes all the cosmetic executive decisions, so I had to get her over to hobby lobby to pick out a frame yesterday. It went well, but I'm glad she was there because there were way to many options! After about 30 minutes she was able to piece together the frames she wanted and here's the outcome...

Got a little more work done over the Christmas break. Stained the cabinets and added some Kilz to the inside of the stand and canopy.

That looks real nice. I'm sure both, your wife & you, will get lots of enjoyment from this new addition to your home. You're not selfish. I might have just told my wife... "no wine room honey, to small a room. Fish room only !! LOL !!!!!!!!!!

Just getting to look at your build. Well done! I remember the stress of cutting a hole in the house. But, you have three things going for you. 1- your wife is involved! 2- you captured a pic of her smiling! 3- there's something in it fir her. That's definitely a good thing. Keep up the pics. Before you know it.. .it will be a mature up & running tank! Then it would be impossible for pics! Don't forget about us!

Thanks for the comments! I'm hoping in the next month to get water in this thing, but need a sump to get it up and going. I've got everything else and plan to start on the rock structure this weekend.

@psteeleb wrote:
that guy did a fantastic job on the woodwork. What did you end up doing with the door mounts? said:
I found some flush mount hinges made by Grass at cabinetparts.com, but I did have to get the doors notched out for the round part of the hinge. The goal was for the doors to be flush as possible and not allow light to leak out the back, so when they cut the wood for the back of the tank I had them make the door openings smaller.

Here's a pic of the hinge:
a5b390bbb1e9c7886adb0f3fbd6f6af5.jpg
alt="">

@blide wrote:
[I]@psteeleb wrote:[/I][quote="that guy did a fantastic job on the woodwork. What did you end up doing with the door mounts? said:
I found some flush mount hinges made by Grass at cabinetparts.com, but I did have to get the doors notched out for the round part of the hinge. The goal was for them to be flush as possible and not allow light to leak out the back, so when they cut the wood for the back of the tank I had them make the door openings smaller.

Here's a pic of the hinge:
a5b390bbb1e9c7886adb0f3fbd6f6af5.jpg
alt="">"]

excelent - you may want to rub them down with some silicone lubricant to help prevent any rust or corrosion
also to help keep the light from peeping out from around the edges consider getting some felt strips and outline the inside edge of the doors

Thanks for the comments! Helps keep me motivated (This project is really taking a long time) [smilie=itwasntme.gif]

I did order my aquascape cement (BASF Emaco s88 ci marine cement) last week and it should arrive this week. Here's a borrowed pic of the cement.

dr58ie.jpg
alt="">

@blide wrote:
Thanks for the comments! Helps keep me motivated (This project is really taking a long time) [smilie=itwasntme.gif] I did order my aquascape cement (BASF Emaco s88 ci marine cement) last week and it should arrive this week. Here's a borrowed pic of the cement. said:
Long time? Heck, I've been working on mine for 3 years now [smilie=rofl.gif] Now that's a long time.

Will be starting on my aquascape soon as well. Are you using the cement to hold your rock together? Got any extra?

I'm wanting to combine the cement with dry rock to build a wall on the back and then try to make some caves and columns. The tank is 72' long behind the wall and only 56 inches is viewable from the front, so hopefully when I create the cave it will close in the tank view in the front giving it more depth. That way when you view it from the kitchen/pantry side viewing window you'll be looking throught the cave. Hopefully that makes sense... :)

I ordered two 80lbs bags, so I presume I'll have some left over. I'm going to do a couple of tests when it comes in so I'll shoot you a PM when I figure it all out.

I called BASF customer service and they gave me some contacts for the DFW Area. I'm sure there are others in the Austin area though, so you may want to call CS to get a local distributer (800-433-9517).

Here's the DFW distributers:
SSI - 972-243-0676
Altech - 214-357-6646

The process above actually took a couple of days for BASF to respond and by then I had ordered it through a place called White Cap (http://www.whitecap.com)and they're shipping it to my house. (2 bags total $80)

The Whitecap company just called me and said they can't ship the cement to Texas and they're going to credit my account (Crap). I called the both of the distributers I posted earlier and the SSI people never called back, but the All-Tex place said they always have it in stock and it's $27.50 a bag. This will actually work out great because I need to get some cloroplast sheets from Regal Plastics which is right down the street.

Oh and since I can edit the above post - The place is called All-Tex - 10802 North Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX - 214-357-6646

Small update...

The wife ordered a new buffet to place in front of the tank for the viewing side (The frame and buffet were her part of the tank project), so now she says I need to get things moving because her side of the project is done. [smilie=smirk.gif]