blide - 150g of Inwall Entertainment

Bill you have a good looking installation going there and also doing a great job of documenting your progress. Keep up the good work as it will help others.

Have you thought about maybe having access from the front side. I know I read in some thread that they were glad they cut the wall to have access from the front.

@kuyatwo wrote:
Have you thought about maybe having access from the front side. I know I read in some thread that they were glad they cut the wall to have access from the front. said:
Yeah, I thought a bunch about it and if I added front access it wouldn't accomplish the look I wanted so I've had to plan accordingly. It's definitly going to make things more difficult, but with the tank only being 18' wide it will help. I also plan to build the aquascape outside the tank and then re-assemble it in the tank, so hopefully that will help too.

Oh, and thanks for the info on Scott Comstock. I was able to contact his business today and send them a diagram with pics so they could work up an estimate.

Project is moving slow, but at least it's moving again. [smilie=rofl.gif]

Cabinet and trim guys are here today, so hopefully I'll have more pics this evening!

Good day of hard work... Cabinet doors will be ready next week and still need to do some trim work, but we're making progress!

Here's a quick pic I took of the side viewing window where I plan to build a small cave and put low light corals (sun corals and etc). [smilie=smile.gif]

I must have missed this. Talk about the perfect spot for tank. Work looks good, keep up the progress.

bill ... that looks like it will be great ... are you enclosing the tank on the backside for what purpose?? thanks.

The woodwork looks great! I just hope you aren't restricted when you have to get in the tank and mess with anything. This is definitely going to be a great build though! Anxious to see how it ends up. Keep us updated.

Congrats!

@Carabelli wrote:
bill ... that looks like it will be great ... are you enclosing the tank on the backside for what purpose?? thanks. said:
Yeah, I'm enclosing the back because the tank width is only 18 inches and I need to stack the rock up against the back glass to accomplish the aquascape I have planned. Plus I'm trying to limit the amount of glass that has to be cleaned. [smilie=wink.gif]

There is going to be some cabinet doors on the back, but I'm trying to figure out how to mount them. I really want them to just pop off... Maybe I can use magnets. [smilie=itwasntme.gif]

Bill, remember that you will be feeding the fish from the back of the tank everyday. It may get old pulling the door off and putting it back on each time. Another option is a cabinet door hinge that has a clip release. You get the best of both. You have a cabinet door that is easy to open and close and when you want to do extensive maintenance it is easy to remove the door so it is out of the way. The only downside is that the hinge mechanism that is attached to the cabinet part extends a couple inches into the aquarium area and they are not made for a wet environment so my hinges have corroded some but they are still function after 4 years.

I bet the hinges in your kitchen are this type since you have a new house.

The picture below is of a Blum Soft-Close 110deg BLUMotion Hinge
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=25383

Small update... The doors are here and they all fit! I still have to figure out what I'm going to do on the back though. I don't have enough room for the hinges recommend, so I'll to do some kind of rail or magnets still. [smilie=thinking.gif]