Search results

1. J

Got bored today so....

I made some frag plugs! I used the recepie off of RC. I was jsut wondering if anyone else has made their own? If so what method are you using for curing you plugs? Oh and I am going to make more then I need(have too much time on my hands) So I will be selling the extras if anyone needs some.
  2. J

Bryopsis, I can stop it!!!!

This stuff just keeps growing! I have a 20 long that I only used a bunch of cooked rock that I had and it was nice and clean with I put it in about 1 month ago but now a majority is getting covered with bryopsis and it is starting to choke out a bunch of my zoanthids. Has anyone else dealt with...
  3. J

nano MH

http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=30640
  4. J

DIY 70watt MH

Ok so I saw a few people on nano-reef.com making these and I figured I would give it a shot for my 5.5 gallon. Materials: -Brinks 300watt halogen security light from Wally world - $7.00 -70watt 14K MH bulb from here - http://www.reefshops.com/html/product_125.html - $20.00 -70watt MH ballast...
  5. J

Flat Worms

My main tank has flat worms :evil: and I am trying not to spread them to my second tank when I move corals to it. Does anyone know what I can do to prevent that? Maybe a freshwater dip? Thanks
  6. J

Using old sand?

I have a question that I just didnt know the answer for. I have a BB ten gallon running right now that I anm going to clean out and reaquascape and I was wondering if I would use the old dried sand from my 30 gallon or if it would be harmful to use old sand. I know this may be a dumb question...
  7. J

Mold in stand

Has anyone ever had mold grow in their stand around their sump? And what is a way to get rid of it?
  8. J

Pavestone Sand Storm

I am using the pavestone substrate, and i only rinsed it a little, but when i put the water it i created a huge sandstorm from the dust. How long will this take to settle and will this happen everytime i do something to the tank?
  9. J

20 Gal. Build log Updated 6-25

This is my new 20 gallon with my handmade stand and canopy. I have a 5.5 gallon sump for a total of about 25 gallons. Marc is building me an internal overflow and i should be getting that later today. I will post more pictures as i get it up and running.
  10. J

? about an overflow box

Ok i have an overflow box and i am just doing a freshwater test and i am getting alot of noise from the box. It just has a lot of slurping sounds. When i bought it, it came with one of the diy mufflers and it still makes alot of noise. What can i do to keep the noise down because this is in my...
  11. J

Plumbing question

I have a mag 7 for a return and it is going to a SCWD. Is 3/4 in. return pipe the right size?
  12. J

DIY stand and canopy for 29 Gal.

Here are some pictures of the stand and canopy i built this weekend for my 29 gallon. The stand is 34 inches tall and the canopy is 10 inches tall. Is that tall enough for MH? I have just finished putting on crown molding and panting it black so i will get some more pictures once i get it in my...
  13. J

A few newbie questions.

I have been in this hobby for about 6 months but now i am upgrading from a 5.5 to a 30 and have a few newbie questions. 1. What is southdown sand, where do you get it and what is the difference between that and the pulvarized limestone? 2. I have a mag 7 return pump and i am not sure what size...
  14. J

pics of my 5.5

I was bored today and figure that i would take some pics of my 5.5. I know there are not alot of you that do nanos out there so let my know what you think.
  15. J

Jumping clown?

I had my true perc jump out of my tank yesturday(while i was in class so i could not save the little guy). I dont understand why he did this all my water parameters are great and I even took some to my LFS to get a second opinion and he said everything was fine. I have an open top on my tank...
  16. J

Starter Corals?

I have recently started a 5 gallon nano and i was juat wondering what corals would work good in it. I have a 36 watt PC fixtures with 50/50 bulbs in it. I have a few tiny frags that i have aquired from a couple members (just zoos and a few mushrooms) I just wanted to know what corals i could add...
  17. J

New Powerhead

At the moment i am running a Rio power head in my 5.5 nano and i have head nothing but bad things about these power heads. I was just wondering if anyone has suggestions on which power head would be better. i have heard that this tunze pump os pretty good. But i am not positive and would i need...
  18. J

Super Glue Gel

I was just curious if you could use superglue gel to attach a frag to a piece of rock. I was not sure if it was safe in the aquarium without polluting the water.
  19. J

Spray Bar?

Is there anyway to hook a spray bar to a Rio 600 Powerhead?
  20. J

Starting a 5.5 gallon and need some help.

I had a few question about starting a saltwater set up. I have run several different freshwater aquariums over the years and i have always been intrested in starting up a saltwater aquarium but being a college student the funds just have not always been there. But since christmas just rolled...