Search results

1. Y

Huge colonies for sale

I got a 17”+ pearl bubble coral $1000obo, 16”+ finger leather $400obo and another 16”+ coral I forgot the name $500obo.
  2. Y

Clear eheim classic as cheato reactor. I wish.

Just a quick thought. I wish they made a clear body for classic eheim canisters. That would make a great reactor.  I was just think of the reactors that I’ve seen and some of the possible failure points and maintenance issues.  Eheimcanester are super reliable, easy to work on and already proven...
  3. Y

Bulk black egg crate? Is it all the same?

I’m looking to do a big buy of black egg crate for a project.  Has anyone found a good company to deal with lately?  Also,  I’ve been looking at a few and I’ve found one a little cheaper but they state the square dimensions as 5/8” instead of 1/2”.  Does anyone know if they are all a standard...
  4. Y

No more Krylon fusion for plastic :(...

So, Krylon changed their tried and try true for aquariums fusion paint to a fusion all in one paint and primer.  I called the company and they confirmed that it is not the same.  I saw a video on YouTube with a kid using valspar for plastic in in his freshwater tank.  A) I’m not sure if that...
  5. Y

30 gallon RODI storage and salt mixing tank

One of my clients sent me a picture of a RODI storage and mixing station that he wanted me to make for him. It had many faults:A. It was expensiveB. Complicated to useC. Had many points of failureD. Difficult to add salt.E.  And difficult to to cleanIn 10 seconds I saved him hundreds of dollars...
  6. Y

Aqua Ionizer? Heard anything?

One of my customers mentioned that he and some of his buddies had this running on his tank. Is there any validity to their claims. http://www.aquaionizer.com/aquarium_filter/installation.php
  7. Y

Terra cotta in Reef?

I have got a project that I am starting and am wondering if anyone has heard of terra cotta pots in salt water with inverts. If they break down over time that is fine as long as they don't leach anything bad.
  8. Y

Magic Live Rock?

I have been curing Approximately 200lbs of live rock in a brute trash can for a little over a month. I scrubbed the rock when it came in. Then, Scrubbed the LR again when I did a 100% water change at about 2 weeks. I have tested through the process and there was spikes but now. EVERYTHING IS...
  9. Y

MH ballast problem. I think. help please

I have a Icecap 250. It is one of the later ones. The light on that ballast turns on and off. I decided to try a new bulb on it and the light is flickering and seems that it is melting something on the inside of the filament because black stuff is coating the inside as if it were dripping. I...
  10. Y

Looking High volume RODI

What do you think about this one and what others should I be looking at? http://cgi.ebay.com/Aquarium-260-300-GPD-REVERSE-OSMOSIS-RO-DI-WATER-SYSTEM-/350426984724?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5197137114 Thanks Yuki
  11. Y

Tempered glass test.

This is pretty cool. I hope it works I will be checking some tanks to be drilled soon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9K3IGXwC0
  12. Y

I need help with wiring up some case fans.

I am upgrading my lighting system so, I guess I need to upgrade my fans too. I am looking to buy 4 Scythe 120mm fans that can run 1900 Rpms. I looked at reviews and they said to run them at like 70% to get good flow and low noise. I don't really know anything about these things. I am looking...
  13. Y

Thinking of putting barndoors on my reflectors?

I have been concerned on light leakage/waist on my Luminarc 3s on a 24" wide tank. I was thinking of making barndoors like on stage lighting to concentrate the lighting a little more. What do you think?
  14. Y

Interesting reflector question.

In one of sanjay's newer reflector reviews he discusses the newest in reflectors at the heights of 24" and 30". http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2009/1/review He mentions that the luminarc III are better for wider tanks. I understand that this is stated on the basis of mounting the center of...
  15. Y

Luminarc mounting height?

How high do you mount Luminarc 3? Lets use distance from actual bulb to water level. My tank is 24" wide. Thanks Yuki
  16. Y

Fan reconmendations please.

I am about to size up from 175mhs to 250mhs. I need fan recommendations. Which fans(flow vs. sound)? Where to buy them? How should I face them(inward/outward)? This is going over my 7' 200g tank with hood. Thanks a lot Yuki
  17. Y

When I dip, you dip, we dip?

With the frag swap in site,what is your new arrival dipping procedure?
  18. Y

My LPS are dieing !(UPDATED) Please help

Over the last few months I have lost many of my favorite LPS corals. I have checked the main parameters and nothing seems to be off(maybe a little low). The MO is that the coral start dieing at one location and spread through out the whole colony. I have lost many Acans, candycane, favia, and...
  19. Y

coral problems

<b>I am having some strange die offs in the last few months and they are continuing.</b> I first lost a few aussie Acans. My regular acan survived but is not thriving like it used to. I lost a tourch a few weeks ago.(quickly) wesophilia brain died recently(quickly) My racordia floridia are...
  20. Y

Pump testing Question

My sedra 9000 seized up. I was able to get the impeller out. I was hard to remove. I use viniger and pliers. The impeller is in rough shape but not warped. How can I tell if the the pump is working? The impeller is $50 and I don't want to but it and them figure out it is the pump