Search results

1. B

300 gallon complete reef ready setup

I can no longer take care of my tank due to work and family time. I am selling my inwall setup. I've got over 10k on this tank. I am not wanting to part out because of the same reason I am getting rid of it. No time. 300g deep dimensions starfire marineland tankTideline 40 sump Custom steel...
  2. B

300 gallon complete reef ready setup

I can no longer take care of my tank due to work and family time. I am selling my inwall setup. I've got over 10k on this tank. I am not wanting to part out because of the same reason I am getting rid of it. No time. 300g deep dimensions starfire marineland tankTideline 40 sump Custom steel...
  3. B

Wtb calcium reactor, dosing units.

Looking for a calcium reactor and a dosing unit. 
  4. B

My 300g DD inwall natural reef

So I finally decided to buy a 300 Deep dimensions for my inwall build with fishroom, the fishroom will be in the garage so insulation and ventilation will be a must. Here is what I have set as far as equipment goes.. Have 300g DD tank with starfire front. DCRS 250 ext skimmer with RODC pump...
  5. B

250w giesemann MC blue

So I needed a new bulb and the only locally available was a giesemann megachrome blue and coral, I got the blue, my zoas look so cool but I am just wondering if this light has enough spectrum for growth? I guess it would be equal to a 22k bulb of any other brand... TIA
  6. B

Hanna meters... Worth it?

I saw these new little test meters, does anyone know if they really are accurate? I can't think that this far in the hobby with monster skimmers and super led lights we don't yet have digital meters for all the top parameters.. If I get one I would be willing to bring it to a meter and compare...
  7. B

Need to borrow tub

I need to borrow 100g rubermaid tub, I am doing a closed loop on my tank so I need to empty the tank. also If anyone would like to help... If someone in the arl/gp/mid cities area has one that would be great.. TIA
  8. B

Twin Arc bulb

Any word on the street, on when these bulbs might hit the stores? I want new bulbs but was hoping to wait...
  9. B

Closed loop

I am getting ready to do my closed loop, and I wanted to know if there is something I can use to difuse the flow coming out. I am not really sure I want a flow accelerator, since I will be using a snapper for it.. Any ideas would be appreciated...... thanks
  10. B

yet another Zoa ID

I wanted to buy these zoas today, but they were sold by the time I got home, anyone know what they are...I looked them up as blue hornets as they were being sold but cant find them.. Thanks
  11. B

need Zoa ID

I got this pic from RC... anyone...or michelle know what they are? thanks..
  12. B

Calc reac.

I have a question, how does a calc reactor help PH if the PH coming off the effluent is way low??
  13. B

Lumatek ballasts

I know some of you have ballasts, so how are you controlling them since they have no power button? and does anyone know if these can be used with x10? just got my 2 two new 400w ballasts and cant wait to set them up..
  14. B

12K users

Those of you running 12k bulbs, are you supplementing with some other light?
  15. B

DIY Tunze wavebox

I been looking at a thread in RC of a wavebox using Tunze's Basically its the same as Tunze's design. I am wondering if we can put together a DIY class and make these guys on a weekend. The set up costs between range from 220 to 300. If we have enough people I can do a GB for all the...
  16. B

Calcium Reactor

Do any of you know of any good starter info siteson calcium reactors and how to properly dial them??? Thanks
  17. B

MH color

I must admit that one of the topics I know the least about is lighting. So why dont some you help me. by filling in the blanks. 10k- 12k-blue 14k 15k 20k I have two 250w 12k reeflux bubls, and one 175w unkown temp lighting. and my tank looks way too blue. I guess I wanna go for a more...
  18. B

Bug ID

I have hundreds of these on my glass, anyone know if they are bad?
  19. B

Dino's are kicking my butt--- help- tests posted

Today i came home to whole bunch of rocks covered with dinoflagelates, I figure its my RO unit has been bypassing the DI cartridge.. anyone have some GFO in the arlington,gp, south fort worth are they can sell me?? and does anyone know of a testing kit that has all the kits in one box?
  20. B

New addition

Well i just got my Achilles tang i have been wating for, he is about 8 1/2 inches.. big boy. he has already started eating..