Search results

1. B

Diaseris plate fragging itself

I have had this guy for awhile now, maybe less than a year but noticed over the weekend that it started to split and this is where it is today. It is a very cool plate that can frag itself in order to multiply. I got this guy from WWC in FL, a friend visited the shop and brought it back for me...
  2. B

Tunze Nano Osmolator Problem

I just installed my new ATO last night and went to check on it this morning and the tank was almost full to the rim. The pump kept turning on and off every few minutes and a few drops of water would go into the tank even thought the sensor was already fully submerged. I had to turn it all off...
  3. B

Does bulb placement matter?

Just wanted to get some opinions, right now I am running a 6 bulb ATI sunpower fixture. My new ATI bulbs just arrived today from Reefgeek so very excited to try them out. Just wondering does the bulb placement on the fixture matter when it comes to getting the colors you want? Right now I'm...
  4. B

Chemipure Elite not rinsing clear

Have anyone had trouble with this? I have had 2 incidents involving this, once awhile back and another last month. The water would not rinse clear but instead it would make it pitch black and about after 5g or so, it would only turn brown. Thought it was a bad batch, I also notified Boyd and...
  5. B

Fauna Marine pellet users

Just bought the LPS pellets from BRS and was wondering how often do you guys feed your corals? Fed it the other night and wow, never seen so many tentacles out as well as the fish coming out of their sleep to try to pick at them(pellets). Anyone seen noticeable results after a period of time...
  6. B

subtrate to bare-bottom in established tank

any consequences to doing this? Getting ready to move my established 25 gallon aio tank from my in-laws place over to my new house and was thinking of ditching the substrate and going bare bottom and switching up the aquascape while I'm at it... The move is about 20 mins and all rocks and...
  7. B

Tony's 44G build

Just picked up this bad-boy made by Planet Aquariums, 24"Lx24"Wx18"H with external overflow and pvc bottom. Also had them made a custom sump tank, 20"Lx18"Wx16"H. Stand was custom made by a friend, which needs to be stained and painted soon. Skimmer - Reef Octopus XP1000SSS Lights - for now...
  8. B

external overflow

For all of you that are running one, can i see some shots of the plumbing job. Need ideas on what to do for mine... contains 1" bulkhead and 3/4" bulkhead in the box. Thanks.
  9. B

cheapest place for drilled tanks?

what's your definition of "cheap" ?
  10. B

Tony's 25g Solona

Got this set up about a month ago, previous owner had it set up for about 2-3 months and bought it brand new. It is an ecoxotic set up, a smaller version of the Solona. 18"x18"x18" which comes out to about 25g. Did not come with a light, had my 24" wavepoint fixture over it for a week until it...
  11. B

nano skimmer for biocube 29g

Have anyone here has any experience with the AquaticLife Internal Mini Protein Skimmer 115? http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaticLife_Internal_Mini_Protein_Skimmer_115_In_Sump_Venturi_Protein_Skimmers-AquaticLife-AK01114-FIPSISVS-vi.html Right now I have an airstone skimmer and thinking of...