subtrate to bare-bottom in established tank

any consequences to doing this?

Getting ready to move my established 25 gallon aio tank from my in-laws place over to my new house and was thinking of ditching the substrate and going bare bottom and switching up the aquascape while I'm at it... The move is about 20 mins and all rocks and corals will be submersed in tank water during the move. I also have a bottle of Instant Ocean BioSpira and a bottle of MicroBacter7 that I can dump in the tank afterward to rebuild the colony in the substrate I plan on ditching. Also going to run a new bag of chemipure elite as well as purigen and a pad of polyfilter to absorb any unwanted impurities.

Tank livestocks include a couple of fish, inverts, and corals such as chalices, rbta, maxi minis, rics & about 7 diff types of plate.

Your thought?

Planning on doing the move this weekend...

before removing the substrate get 50% of the water in jugs and make a lot of new water to replace. if you have a wet dry vac use that it makes vacuuming up the substrate really easy.

@Matt wrote:
I think you would be fine provided all the rock/corals were separated while removing the sandbed. Definitely clean out the tank well and the bacteria is a good idea IMO. I would think the BioSpira would be enough. said:
Yes I plan on taking everything out and giving the tank a thorough ro/di wash and rinse before setting it back up. TY for the reply.

@kuyatwo wrote:
before removing the substrate get 50% of the water in jugs and make a lot of new water to replace. if you have a wet dry vac use that it makes vacuuming up the substrate really easy. said:
Rocks and corals will be housed in the original tank water during the move and I have about 20 gallons of new sw already made, thinking of getting another 10 more just to be on the safe side. Wet vac idea is not bad, thanks.

moving your tank with water in it is a BAD idea! You are very likely to stress a seal and break your tank. Use the appropriate containers to transport what is in the tank and move the tank dry.

Best thing to do is go to home depot and pick up 3-4 5gal buckets. They are easy to move and hold plenty of livestock and water.

Nooo I never planned on moving the tank with stuff inside. That's exactly what I did, bought 4 buckets from HD with lids of course and had rocks and tank water in 2 of them. The other 2 had new SW along with 4 5g containers. Emptied out the whole tank for the move.

Everything is back up and running at the new place and looking good now, really digging the bare bottom look.