Diaseris plate fragging itself

I have had this guy for awhile now, maybe less than a year but noticed over the weekend that it started to split and this is where it is today. It is a very cool plate that can frag itself in order to multiply. I got this guy from WWC in FL, a friend visited the shop and brought it back for me. I also have another similar plate that is orange with gold outline, it is older than the purple/green one but hasn't frag itself yet. These guys are slow grower for me but then again everything grows pretty slow in my tank. They are not as common around here and I have never seen one frag itself until today, Ive only read about them once or twice online, which I thought is pretty cool. Well just wanted to show it off to you guys, enjoy.

I'm not so sure it is fragging as much as it is falling apart? You shouldn't see exposed skeleton like that, if I'm seeing this correctly. If the cora has extra flesh that drops off the side, that would be a type of fragmentation.

@Marc wrote:
I'm not so sure it is fragging as much as it is falling apart? You shouldn't see exposed skeleton like that said:
the flesh is actually hanging off the side of it, its been splitting apart since this weekend and i have kept a close eye on it. Wish I had a better camera to take closer shots of it but don't worry it's not falling apart. [smilie=lol.gif]

are you talking about the white thing in the middle? it's actually glued onto a frag plug when i got it and now that its fragging, its actually pulling itself off of the plug.

Yes, the white part I can't make out. Good, glad to hear it is doing fine. I'm only going by your images, which can be deceiving.

@K_Red_Raider wrote:
Dude that is cool do you have any pics of it before said:
20131031_181409_zps29cedef8.jpg
alt="">

you can see it at the top left of the pic.