Search results

1. M

90 Gallon Reef-Ready Aquarium, Stand, Canopy and Equipment

I have a an aquarium, stand, canopy, sump, lights and other equipment for sale.  I'm not getting out of the hobby, just downsizing.  The tank is empty and it's ready for a new home!1.  90 gallon reef-ready "Ocean View" aquarium corner drilled with "AGA Mega Flow" overflow accessory kit - $1502. ...
  2. M

Wood Cabinet Refinishing

I need the top of my cabinet refinished, it has some damage from saltwater.  It is currently empty and I would like to use it again.  Has anyone here tried to repair saltwater damage on finished wood, or could you recommend someone that does?  Thanks!
  3. M

Mated Pair of Gold Stripe Maroon Clownfish for Sale - $45

Mated pair of Gold Stripe Maroon (GSM) Clownfish for sale.  Momma can be a bit of a bully so it's best there are no other clownfish in the tank.  She is known to rearrange corals with her tail so keep that in mind if you have some loose ones!  Available for pick-up this weekend.
  4. M

Sherman Rose Bubble Tip Anemones For Sale

I have 13 Sherman Rose Bubble Tip Anemones for sale - $25 small (2-4 inches), $35 medium (5 to 7 inches) and $50 large (10-18 inches) each.  My tank has crashed now for the second time in 10 months so I have decided to turn it into a freshwater tank.  Attached is the most current picture I have...
  5. M

Ammonia Spike

My 46 gallon Bow Front tank sprung a leak Friday night and luckily I was able to transfer all of the fish, corals, anemones and live rock into buckets. Finally found a replacement tank Saturday afternoon so was able to put everything back into the new tank Sunday afternoon/evening. I used some...
  6. M

Tank Has Sprung A Leak :(

My 46 gallon bow front tank sprung a leak tonight as I was walking out the door for dinner. Luckily my husband heard a funny noise (power head sucking air as water level had dropped - yikes!) and I was able to drain the tank enough to get the corals in buckets with power heads running. The...
  7. M

What Time Of Day To Supplement Alk, Ca and Mg?

I know there is a time of day to best dose supplements - in the morning, before lights out, etc. Looking for some help? Thanks!
  8. M

Green Tentacle Toadstool in need of Fragging

I have a large green tentacle toadstool that has outgrown my tank. It is so large that it has started fragging itself by dropping off small pieces that float around my tank. The top part of the coral is where the pretty tentacles are so I'm guessing that is what one would frag. What do you do...
  9. M

API Test Kits

I contacted API to find out the expiration of their test kits as I can only find Lot #'s printed on the bottles. Here is the response I got back - very helpful! "Thank you very much for contacting us regarding our products. All of your comments and questions are valuable. We use your...
  10. M

High Range Mg test Kit

Is there a high range test kit for magnesium? I'm fighting a bryopsis nightmare and my Salifert Mg test only goes to 1500. I need to raise the magnesium level above 1500 but I want to make sure I know where I'm at. Thanks! Candace
  11. M

Power Outage

Coppell had a power outage last week while I was out of town. The power did come back on but unfortunately it tripped a circuit breaker. My house sitter found one of my tanks completely with out power and I lost 2 fish and an urchin. I have a battery back-up on the tank but I estimate the...
  12. M

Replacing Rusty Reflectors

I would like to replace my T5 reflectors and was wondering if there are some that do not rust? My reflectors look terrible and I'm unable to clean them anymore. I've seen some aluminum reflectors for sale - has anyone tried them? Thanks! Candace
  13. M

Animal ID Please

I found this guy moving around in my sump tonight - any ideas on what it might be? It is paper thin too - no shell at all.. alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> Thanks! Candace
  14. M

Dolabella Sea Hare Doesn't Like Salad

I purchased a Dolabella Sea Hare about 2 weeks ago hoping that it would eat some of the green stuff growing on my live rock. Unfortunately it hasn't touched any of it - I only see it eating algae off the glass and overflow box. I thought these guys liked salad? Any thoughts or ideas..... Candace
  15. M

Recommendation on HOB Protein Skimmer

I currently have a Remora C Protein Skimmer on my 46-gallon reef. It was used and it came with the tank I purchased 18 months ago. Now it's not working as well as it used to - guess it's time to upgrade? Just looking for some recommendations on a new HOB Skimmer.... Candace
  16. M

DFS Coupon Code for $off

Drs. Foster and Smith have a coupon code for the month of November - 3383/2151 $5.00 off $50 order $10.00 off $100 order $15.00 off $150 order Hope this helps! Candace
  17. M

DFS Coupon Codes

Drs Foster and Smith have $5.00 off $50 order, $10 off $100 order and $15 off $150 order. Coupon code 3383/2149 valid Sept 1-30, 2009. Candace
  18. M

Battery Back Up

Just wondering about what other members use for their battery backup? I was at FRY's today and they have lots to choose from. I know it's hard to know just how long the battery backup will last without actually plugging in the items you want to keep running and testing it. I just want to keep...
  19. M

Help With Algae ID

I have a few bunches of this short, green velvety algae popping up on my rocks. It is almost impossible to pluck it off. Is this another phase of new tank syndrome or is it something I need to remove? Thanks in advance! Candace alt="">
  20. M

One Year "Reef" Anniversary

One year ago I set-up my first reef with the help of Robert and Hellen of Fish2Morow. I had so much to learn and many of you have helped me with your advise along the way too - Green Hair Algae and Cyano outbreaks and such. This is how things looked last June... alt=""> And this is how...