Search results

1. M

What are you using for salt mix and why?

Just like it says. It looks like most of the LFS around me are using Instant Ocean Reef Crystals. Should I keep going on this path when I start making my own water? Or is there possibly something better out there?
  2. M

RO/DI waste water

Looking at setting up my RO/mixing station and was wondering what the waste water output pressure or volume is like. We have a nice little greenhouse and several raised beds that my daughter has started planting in and I would like to save this water for her use. If I had say 40-50' of hose...
  3. M

Getting fish to eat pellets.

I'm trying to get my fish to eat pellets and they are not cooperating. Anyone have any suggestions?I hate to just let them go hungry to see what happens but if that's what I have to do for a day or two I will.And no I am not switching to just pellets. Just some nights it is hard to be here to...
  4. M

Membership

I was going in to pay for membership and it says? "Be sure to enter your forum name below"?But there is no place to enter my user name.? If I'm logged in to the forum will it automatically associate with my account?Any suggestions??
  5. M

Mossjer's 65 gal build/help me thread

Flash back 8 months ago, I had to take down my previous tank a 20 something all in one cube that I had running for 8ish years due to a well intentioned 5 year old niece who decided Nemo looked hungry, needless to say he wasn't that hungry and it was not pretty. I was a bit disheartened and...
  6. M

Sump Plumbing

My tank is currently running one of the gray flexible drain lines you can buy at any LFS from the display to the sump but I'm pretty sure its a little too long and may be causing the gurgling sounds I'm getting from the stand. Would it be a bad idea to hard plumb this line from the display to...
  7. M

Benefits and drawbacks of a refugium

Just throwing this out there for opinions.I've recently set up a new tank 65 display with a trigger systems sump.I've installed the skimmer in the drain section and was about to set up a refugium in the middle section when I stopped and figured I should ask for advise.Should I add sand to this...
  8. M

Live rock, anything but live

So, I ?decided I was going to get back in the game, after buying a new house with more space and my wife found the perfect tank for us. I buy the whole setup. 65 gal Planet Aquarium display. Trigger Systems sump... Yada yadaI went ahead and purchased what I thought was live rock. It is some nice...
  9. M

Sleeping Perc

Hello all, I'm new to the board and have a question. I have a 12 gallon aquapod and after weeks of waiting I added my first fish. A small black false perc. The morning after I added the fish I come in to find him floating on his side. But still moving. You can imagine that I thought the worst. I...