Search results

1. C

Bad crab? ID please

I found what appears to be a crab molt in our 120 gallon tank. I figure it is "bad" so I'm going to try to catch. Anyone recognize the claw for ID? The claw is about the size of a dime.
  2. C

Fragging Dendro's

I ordered some dendro's for a group buy. They arrived as a colony, I don't see an easy way to frag them. I can dremel through the rock, but most of the heads are attached to another head. Any recommendations on how to frag this coral?
  3. C

Favorite Schooling Fish

Anyone have a favorite for a nice open swimming fish that will school with 4-5 others? I have blue/green chromis in one tank, want something different in the other tank. I haven't had much luck with Anthias but curious on others' preferred schooling fish....
  4. C

Tunze 6105 Stream 2

Dear Charlie We are pleased to inform you that your order has shipped. You can track the status of the order, and all your orders, online by visiting Order History. Order Date: 10/10/2008 Product Description Qty Price TUNZE TURBELLE® STREAM 2 CONTROLLABLE PUMP 6105 1 Woohoo, the new...
  5. C

Vortech vs. Tunze

Anyone have technical problems with their tunze stream powerheads ie it doesn't work out of the box? I am setting up a 105 gallon system and had a vortech on there, but it was DOA faulty. After dealing with Ecotech's support team for a couple days, I'm anti-Vortech now. Just curious on the...
  6. C

losing heads on blue sating hammer

Have you tested Ca or Mg recently? Other parameters looks good so I'd make sure to test Ca.
  7. C

Calibrating Ph probes

I was doing my monthly calibration of ph probes yesterday. I have the ACIII and a pinpoint handheld unit. Before calibrating, the ACIII probe showed 8.20, the pinpoint showed 8.30. I used 7.0 and 10.0 calibration fluids and after calibrating, both showed my tank at 8.0. I had the water...
  8. C

Help identify frag

I was shipped the pictured yellow sps frag accidently as an ORA blue tort. It is in the picture left of the ORA blue tort from Exotic Aquatics... Can someone please help identify the type of SPS? Thanks :) Image resized by Marc
  9. C

Another Fish Killer

We've had a few disappearing and injured fish (anthias mainly) lately, so figured we had an unwanted guest in the tank. While moving some rock to make room for some SPS, this crab happened to crawl up my arm... Needless to say, he's no longer in the tank :) Identified by Madison as a...
  10. C

Catching unwanted crab

We had a crab appear to molt, only found it this morning. We do not have any crabs intentionally so curious if anyone has any tips for catching the little guy? We have never seen it in the 4 months the tank has been set up, so not like I can just reach in and get him. It is about dime sized...
  11. C

compatibility

Anyone keep anthias (bartlett's) with tangs? I have a Purple tang, 2 false percs, 2 green chromis in the 120Gal and thinking of adding two or three anthias (male/female combos or different genus). Any advice for keepng anthias?
  12. C

calcium reactor setup

I bought a calcium reactor from another member. When I test the Ph of the output water (just dripping into cup), it is around 7.5. The setup guide states it should be 6.3-6.5. I tried to slow the output drips down to 10 per minute, but it doesn't seem to affect the ph. Any ideas on getting...
  13. C

Chiller water throughput

Does anyone know how to calculate the water pressure / throughput loss of adding a chiller to the return line? Do I simply add the distance of the hoses + 2' or so for the chiller for the head loss?
  14. C

midas blenny not doing well

Anyone have experience with a midas blenny? ours is about 3-4 months old, and has been doing well until recently. he was swimming at the top of the tank for awhile, and then started not eating well. with good oxygen in the water, all test kits look good (ammonia, phosphate, nitrite, nitrates...