Search results

1. A

POSTOL SHRIMP QUESTIONS

Hi, I would like to get a Pistol Shrimp and Goby for my 28 Nanocube. How deep does the sand be have to be to keep a pistol shrimp? I have a Cleaner Shrimp. Will the two shrimp get along? Thanks, Mary
  2. A

Will tank Cycle

Hi, I am planning to move from a small Nano to a larger Nano this weekend. I want to move my sandbed which is 2 years old and has bristle worms and other good stuff. I also plan to move my live rock, but I want to add some dead rock that has been in a bucket for 2 years. It is clean and dry...
  3. A

Wireless Gaming Adapters

I am curious which wireless gaming adapters people are using with their ac3's I would like to use one with mine but just wanted a few opinions as to which one works best. Any and all opinions would be appreciated. Thanks, Mary
  4. A

AC3 HELP

I am frustrated to say the least. I can't get my computer to connect to my aquacontroller. I have tried several times with no luck. I would love to pay some computer person to come and make the changes I want made and set it up so I can get to it from my lap top. I would also like to be able...
  5. A

RAF Sand Trade

Hi, I thought people might be interested in this sand trade. It is being sponsored by RAF and it sound like a good way to get a little biodiversity. Thanks for looking:) Mary http://www.reefaquariumforum.com/raf-sand-trade-t4625.html
  6. A

30% OFF SALE ON AQUAMAXX BULBS

Marine Depot is having a sale on Aquamaxx bulbs. 30%off. That makes the 250watt DE bulb $49.00:) Just thought I would spread the word. The coupon code is MDMAXX
  7. A

LESSON LEARNED:(

I have had an rbta in my tank for 2 years. It is beautiful and my clowns love it. I was warned by an experienced reefer that I would be sorry one day. I have started collecting some higher $ sps and they are doing really well! I got up this morning at 5:00 and when I peaked at the tank, the...
  8. A

250w Phoenix 14k bulbs

I found an on line store that has 250w Phoenix 14k bulbs for $55.35. Is this a good deal? Has any one used these and what is your impression of them if you have? Thanks, Mary
  9. A

NEW PLUMBING QUESTION

How much drop per foot is required for the pvc running from the overflow to the sump? I decided to put my clam tank a few feet from my main tank and need to make sure that it will drain to the sump properly. Thanks, Mary
  10. A

New Tank plumbing added new question please help

Hello all. Hope you had a Great Christmas! My wonderful Hubby bought me a new tank for Christmas. It is a 24"x24"x12"high cube. I have been wanting one for my Clams which are out growing my 127 Tenecor. Now for the hard part. I want to plumb it into my other tank. I am not very technical...
  11. A

Aquasurf vs 7095 Controller

I am planning to upgrade from my 7094 controller. I would like some imput from people that have either the 7095 or aquasurf. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each. Thanks, Mary
  12. A

FOX FACE IN NEED OF COUNSELING?

I think my fox face has issues. She runs from immaginary monsters. She has crashed into 2 large sps and broken them off:( She will get in a panic over ??? and race around and then hide with her camouflage on and her barbs out. She has been in this tank for 1-1/2 years and is friends with all...
  13. A

AIPTASIA-X

I think I have some great news. I read on RC about a product called Aiptasia-x. I decided to try it. It is made by Red Sea and is a new way to kill Aiptasia. I have tried lemon juice, Joes Juice, Vinegar, Calc Paste, Peppermint Shrimp and Berghia Nudibranch. I have not been able to...
  14. A

SMALL TANK FISH?

I am getting a 7 gallon bio-cube for work. I am going to run a cpr backpack skimmer. I was planning to keep a few softies in it, but would like to have a fish. I want a fish that will be happy in a small tank. What fish should I choose? Your input will be appreciated. Mary
  15. A

fuge flow?

My fuge has been set up for about a year. It is about 30 gallons. I have chaeto and caulerpa with a deep sand bed and miracle mud. It has a few snails and 2 peps living in it. There are lots of tiny brittle stars and pods and all kinds of kritters. I got my macro algae from 2 different...
  16. A

Bad Tang

I bought 4 fish from a member last weekend. I noticed my open brains and 1 clam are not happy. I started watching really close and found the problem. I have a naughty Hippo Tang. She is nipping at the brains and has taken bites out of one of the clams mantle. How do you catch a hippo tang...
  17. A

My Clams

I tried to take some pics of my clams. I'm not such a good photographer, but here are some of my clams. I have a few more clams, but the pics are to blury to post. I will post more pics when I get some better ones. I hope to have a dedicated clam tank that is plumbed in to my current tank...
  18. A

CATCHING CRABS HELP photo added

Ok, I bought what was suppose to be a ruby mathrix crab a few months ago. It was small but now it's big and I don't think it's a ruby mathrix crab. Possiby a gorilla crab? It is scary. I'm afraid it is going to eat my fish or shrimp. Is there a way to catch this thing without tearing my tank...
  19. A

palys and zoas

What is the difference between palys and zoanthids? How do you tell them apart?
  20. A

MY FUGE NEED TRIMMING HOW DO I TRIM IT

I set my fuge up a few months ago and now it needs pruned or thinned or? I have feather and grape caleurpa and??? also have chaeto. The Caleurpa is the stuf that really needs pruned. How do I do it? I don't want to mess up and have big problems. I would like to do it tomorrow. Also there is...