Search results

1. M

Possible Tunze 9002 DOC skimmer mod?

I purchased this skimmer for my JBJ Nano 28 gal tank. It fits until the magnet gets in the way. Is there a fix without cutting the baffle which I don't think is a good thing? I purchased it online and not sure if it's returnable. I just looked at In-Tank online and they have a removable magnet...
  2. M

Tunze Nano DOC Skimmer 9002 with Magnet Doesn't fit?

I purchased this skimmer for my JBJ Nano 28 gal tank. It fits until the magnet gets in the way. Is there a fix without cutting the baffle which I don't think is a good thing? I purchased it online and not sure if it's returnable. I just looked at In-Tank online and they have a removable magnet...
  3. M

Cheato - Large bag Free

Cleaned out sump this morning and have some for anyone who needs it. Gail
  4. M

House Painting Fumes????

I am having the inside of my house painted and the fumes are very strong. The trim is being painted with oilbase paint. Is this going to nuke my tank? The nems are starting to close up... Gail
  5. M

180g Reef Build

Well after a rough few months and the help of so many, I can now change my signature!!!! I have pics, well Cheryl took pics and hopefully I can post them soon. It's beautiful!!!!!!!!! I can't help but cry tears of joy. Thanks, Gail
  6. M

Anyone ever use pool filter sand?

I was reading this article on silica sand, wondered if anyone has ever used it with success? I seem to remember a topic at the 2007 NextWave, I can't remember her name, but the subject matter was substrate and it's critters. http://www.aquariumlife.net/projects/diy-decoration/9.asp Gail
  7. M

Where to buy a nano-sized heater?

I need a heater not longer than 7 inches tall. I have looked in the LFSs and still can't find one. Does anyone have one to sell or know where I can buy one? Thanks, Gail
  8. M

My New Mandarin

I have waited for two years for this beauty...Thanks to Prairie Kat's GB and LiveAquaria he has finally made it to my reef. :D Meet "Paisley" It took him a few days to get acquainted with everyone and find his way around. He seems to feel right at home and quite the ham for the camera...
  9. M

Pics of clam from the October meeting raffle

Well I can never say again "I never win anything at these meetings"! Thank you to raffle winner #1 for letting me, raffle winner #2, take this beautiful clam that Frank so graciously donated to the raffle drawing. He is a wonderful addition to my reef and looks especially pretty this morning...
  10. M

Hydor Koralia 3 Powerheads

Okay, so I was doing my monthly cleaning of powerheads last week and broke the delicate little white plastic shaft. This really was a shame since I really love these powerheads. I contacted the Hydor Co thru their website and explained the little shafts were very delicate and break easily. I...
  11. M

Barnacle shells from the coast

A coworker brought me a beautiful empty barnacle shell from the coast. I soaked it in bleach for two days, rinsed good, then let it dry out for another couple of days. It looks good but smells not so good...I am affraid to put it in my nano at work. I was thinking of soaking it in vinegar...
  12. M

Nano Heater?

I have a little 6g Nano, and as I was putting the sand in this morning EEEeek, the water was cold! I forgot about heat... I have it at work and they keep the thermo at 70 and it's very cool all day and night. Which heater is the best for this little tank? Thanks, Gail
  13. M

Dowflake at Home Depot?

I seem to remember folks discussing buying Dowflake at HD? Is this just a seasonal item? If it is a normally stocked item, which HD carries it? Does anyone know? I Appreciate input bc I want to make the 2 part calc/alk additive. Thanks, Gail
  14. M

Found This next to my clam!!! What is it?

I was looking in on things this evening and noticed something along side the clam. It looks creepy and I don't trust it....I just got some new LR this past weekend, it must've been a hitchhiker. Can anyone identify it? Thanks, Gail
  15. M

My Percs are finally hosting the RBTA!!!

I recently read a thread with hints on how to get the clowns to host an anemone. Well I tried a couple of hints and shortly thereafter...voila! Thank you again DFWMAS for helping me be a better aquariast. My little wet pets are always entertaining and amazing me. Here are a few pics. Gail
  16. M

New Nano Owner in the Family

My Daughter "Melissa" purchased a "Nano-Cube" nano at Petorama in Keller. It was set up yesterday. She is having heat issues...Temp was 82.5 :shock: all day yesterday even with lights off and lids open. Is there a secret to maintaining lower temps for the nanos? I don't want her to give up...
  17. M

Three Green Chromis...

Okay, I THOUGHT, when I put these guys in my 90g that they would be a nice addition to keep. I really like their coloring. They're piggies at feeding time!!! Well, now my bioload is about to be an issue. I would like to get them out and give them to a LFS (or anyone in the club if interested)...
  18. M

My New Zoas

I have been collecting zoos this week, what a nice addition to my tank. I'm new to this, and can't wait to fill in blank area of reef.
  19. M

Online Fish Store?

I have been shopping for a couple of fish that I want to add and have come across this particular website. http://exoticfish.com/index.cfm Has anyone ever purchased from this site? Their prices seem to be pretty good with a wide selection. Just not sure of their reputation for healthy...
  20. M

Meet "Harvey"

My new Sea Hare is mowing down some hair algae! My base rocks were growing hair algae, so I found Harvey at the LFS. I think I have enough to keep him busy for a while. He is truly the ugliest creature in my reef, so ugly he's cute. Gail