Search results

1. E

help with DIY LED setup!

i've been doing due diligence on researching led lightning, but haven't really come to a final decision on how many 3w CREEs i should use. i was thinking 2 x [48 CREE led setup [24 x XP-E royal blue + 12 x XP-E cool white + 12 x XP-G cool white] with 4 meanwell ELN-60-48D's] over a 36x36"...
  2. E

richard's 36x36x16 starphire cube

hey folks, i am currently having a tank mentioned in the subject built by mr. varela. i am going to try and include videos/pics to entice followers :D this tank is going to be a 180 degree view, 36x36x16 starphire varela custom-made tank. i'm going for an SPS dominant tank, but i won't forget...
  3. E

90g protein skimmer

i've been prepping to buy equipment for my new 90g that dvups1 is building for me and one of my first concerns is the protein skimmer. there's so many brands with even more models now, it's ridiculous. i was hoping to summon the combined knowledge of DFWMAS members in giving me some guidance...
  4. E

back in the game!

hey folks! it's been quite a while since i've posted in this forum. for those that may remember, i had a ~5g pico (12x8x6) a few years back that i had stocked with quite an array of corals and livestock. however, those days are long gone and now i'm looking to dive back into the scene. i...
  5. E

pinched mantle

hey clam experts, i was just wondering if this looked like pinched mantle to you. thanks for your help beforehand. alt=""> alt="">
  6. E

nano koralia

after seeing quang's little nano picostream, i saw this on nano-reef. alt=""> i just thought it was interesting, how much do you think it'll cost? i would like 1 or 2 for my long tank.
  7. E

worm and slug question

well, i just looked at my tank with the lights off and there was so much life everywhere on the rocks and sand. i saw pods, bristleworms, etc..but then i was puzzled to see 2 worms that were extremely fast and swam in the water by wriggling their bodies, does anybody know what these are? i...
  8. E

acrylic 6g long

hey ladies and gents! some of you may remember my 3g picotope that i drilled, but anyways, it's been a long time and i've been out of the scene for quite a while, but i have started a new acylic 6g long that has been built from scratch from a good friend of mine, Dat Monkey. pics will be up...
  9. E

electricity is shutting off.

it looks like my apartment is scheduled to have the electricity turned off on 9-18 and i am more than a bit ticked off. i enrolled with the electricity company already and they said they could have it up by 9-22 and i asked if they could just keep it on since i've already paid the $200.00...
  10. E

cyano breakout

well, ever since i moved out here into arlington, my tank hasn't been the same. oh well, to get to the point, my tank has cyano almost everywhere in a matter of 5 days span, it's gone from a couple of spots siphoned into pacthes everwhere. i've already changed my phos-ban, reduced feedings...
  11. E

picotope's new beginning

yes! i have finally finished my drilling my picotope! i can't wait to start it up again. here's the thread to some pictures for those of whom may like to check it out. http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=18959
  12. E

pvc primer

i've seem to have gotten some primer into one of the pvc tubes for my intake for my pico. what's the best way to clean it out? would it be very detrimental to my tank's future if i don't?
  13. E

new sump/fuge

so, i've built a sump/fuge out of a 2.5 gallon tank for my 3 gallon pico, haha. i just had a question for those of whom who are more experienced than me, what would be the best way to cut through glass without cracking it so i could fit the pvc piping?
  14. E

yasha/pistol or seahorse/pipefish

well, i am starting to think about stocking my 3 gallon picotope. it's already stocked with some softies so far; GSP, ricordia, and zoos. anyways, i was wondering which combination i should go with? it's too hard for me to decide, haha.