Search results

1. F

ok, so my six line is a little weird...

Today as I was getting ready to head out for the day I noticed that my six line wrasse was playing inside of my "Shermie" RBTA like a clown would. In fact, the six line and my ocelaris clown seem to be "sharing" the host and it is quite odd to me. Anybody else ever seen this or is this a first.
  2. F

What to do when I move....

Well, my family and I have decided to take our lives back home to Austin as we purchased a house there recently. With our upcoming move I have come to a crossroads.....sand bed or bare bottom? I have never personally kept a bare bottom tank. I have about 120-130lbs of liverock in my 75 gallon...
  3. F

Catalina Gobies

Does anyone have any experience with these beauties? I know they prefer cooler temps but other than that any insight on them? Thanks, Kris
  4. F

Dinoflagellates

I am having an outbreak of them and I need to know the best way to get rid of them. I know by cutting off the light and increasing flow they will dwindle but to what effect on my corals, fish and clam? Any suggestions would be great.
  5. F

Bored again so heres more pictures

New additions include a Maroon clown, Sherman RBTA and Orange and lavender Zoa's from ReeferMadness (Thanks Lance).
  6. F

Nobody ever responds to my threads so....

....heres some more pics from tonight. I sure do need a new camera.....oh well, these are under actinics.
  7. F

Out of Trouble!

Well after having to almost sell everything, my wife was kind enough to let me keep the system going. (I love you babe) With the help of some friends, a wonderful wife, and my son begging to keep it going, this is what the result is. I downsized from a 30 gallon with about a 10 gallon sump to a...
  8. F

How much flow?

How much flow is tolerated by most seahorses? Just wondering.
  9. F

What are your Nanos' inhabitants at the moment?

I was just wondering what you folks were keeping in your Nanos? Aside from corals and feather worms, whats in em'? Mine: Pink Skunk Clown Lawnmower Blennie Pistol Shrimp of some sort (was a hitch hiker) The reason Im asking is to get ideas for new inhabitants and want new ideas. My tank has...
  10. F

Pods not acting right

Last night after the lights went to actinic only, I was watching the tank and noticed several of the pods in my aquarium were out. As I looked closer, I noticed that they were all acting strangely, swimming erraticly and aimlessly at times right towards the mouth of my yellow tang and dwarf...
  11. F

My 30 gallon.....err, nano??

Here is my 30 gallon. Thanks for looking!
  12. F

OK, another lighting question

Good morning folks! I currently use PC lighting utilizing 2 x 65w bulbs, one 50/50 and one Super Actinic. The current configuration has the 50/50 bulb over the back of the tank and the actinic is over the front of the tank. I have been noticing accelerated coraline growth on the front glass as...
  13. F

What constitutes a true nano?

I personally keep a 30 gallon that I consider a "mini reef". To define nano for the forums sake, would my 30 gallon be considered a large nano or no? Im excited to see this forum take off after just being requested. Lets use it and show the BOD that it is worth being here! Kris *EDIT*- New...
  14. F

new nudibranch

While swimming in my own head gazing at my mini reef last night, I noticed a very small (1/2") but very pretty little nudibranch. I tried to get a picture but my camera isnt good at macro, but I was wondering if anyone could I.D. it without a pic but rather with the best description I can...
  15. F

Really long, skinny leather stalk....

OK, I have this toadstool that has the longest stalk I've ever seen. Not only is it long (about 5" before the head) but it is very skinny and it isn't thick enough to hold the 'Stool up. I was wondering what you all thought about cuting the 'Stools' stalk somewhere in the middle in hopes of...
  16. F

Will anybody resize some pics for me??

I have about 3 pictures that I need resized but I dont have a program to do so. I can email them. Thanks in advance. Kris
  17. F

How long does it take for BTA's to heal after...

....splitting? In the pictures section I posted a pic of my BTA splitting, now I have two and niether one looks normal yet. I know it just went through an ordeal with splitting itself but how long should I expect them to look like crap? The original one stayed in the same place it was and the...