Search results

1. L

Tropic Marin Salt

Where to buy locally? It's $90/bucket shipped from marine depot. Free shipping at 3 units but still $20/bucket special handling charges.
  2. L

Live Rock tub went sour

Hi, I have live rock in a tub that had some xenia on it (not for sale anymore). Came in today and the tub stinks to high heaven. Guess the xenia freaked. Is the live rock salvagable? water change until the stink is gone and water parameters are stable? Any thoughts are appreciated. Larry
  3. L

Mag 12, leaking slightly

Anyone have a mag 12 that leaked a little? What can be done, if anything to fix it? I'd like to have it as a back up to the new one (mag 18) that I ordered. I'm currently using a used little giant but it's too big for my setup (it won't fit in the cabinet correctly). Thanks for the info. Larry
  4. L

ASM Skimmers

I noticed www.asmskimmer.com is fading. No more ASM skimmers? Anyone have experience with the octopus at www.octopusskimmer.com?
  5. L

Dow Flake

Anyone have a sure thing place to get Dow Flake (in DFW)?
  6. L

Tank shot, DIY Frag rack

This is my adaptation of the DIY frag rack posted by TCU Reefer at http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=26979 I hung mine in the overflow because I have the tank built into a cabinet. P.S. Quangtam7 (Ken) if you read this. THat's your green birds nest up on the frag rack whenever...
  7. L

Plastic Hose Clamps

Hi, I found a package of plastics hose clamps at harbor freight over the weekend. 50+ and several different sizes for about $4. Now, these might not be the "best" quality but they certainly look like the ones I've always seen. I'll let you know if they're complete trash when I use them. Larry
  8. L

x-10 and t-5 light

Can someone tell me why my t-5 strip blinks when it is plugged into an X-10 outlet? When the aquacontroller turns off the outlet, the t-5 blinks once about every second.
  9. L

Do you have Halimeda in your setup?

I'm opening a poll on the usage of Halimeda. I'm very curious about it's interaction with other inhabitants. I have an anemone that started to decline suddenly and the only thing that changed (that I'm aware of) was the addition of some halimeda which it came into direct contact with. I hope...
  10. L

"...clown fish are jumpin..."

That paddle wheel thumpin Black water keeps rollin on past just the same Old black water, keep on rollin Mississippi moon, wont you keep on shinin on me... Two, count 'em, two clownfish jumped to their death from my 10gal tank. Is the tank too small? I thought they'd be fine. I was wrong...
  11. L

Stainless steel scissors for fragging?

Where can I get such an item locally? Thanks Larry
  12. L

Tropic Marin - Wanna group buy? CLOSED

Sorry for the short notice, I needed to get this salt ASAP. *********************** Ok, drsfosterandsmith has it for 57.99 This is the REGULAR Version, NOT pro-reef. Although I'll include either version you want. I'm going to order a couple. Shipping for 1 bucket is $10 and for 10 is only...
  13. L

Petland in Frisco has saltwater

I posted this in another thread, but bored stiff yesterday waiting on my kid at the ortho I stepped into petland in frisco. They now have several saltwater tanks with nice fish (not just damsels) and some coral. All tanks are stocked with live rock (8 or 9/lb, yikes). But it looks like a real...
  14. L

Help ID Please

what you are looking at is about 2" in diameter. alt=""> Thanks, Larry
  15. L

Ro/Di Dumb question

I purchased a 60gpd unit from Kent. What physically keeps this unit at 60gpd? If I replace the RO membrane with a 100gpd, will I get 100gpd? Isn't everything else pretty much the same? Larry
  16. L

TDS at 11, DI Resin out I think

I've got a kent marine maxxima unit. I've lost the paper work and don't know what to get to refill my DI cartridge. Can anyone shed some light on this? Larry
  17. L

Pic of RBTA ChrisK sold me.

I didn't think I'd see him after the 2nd day when he took off behind the rocks, but here he is. He's been settled for a couple of weeks and eats regularly. Thanks Chris, I knew you'd want an update... Larry
  18. L

RBTA vs. Toad Stool

If they touch wll the toad stool be hurt? The RBTA is getting insanely large and it's tips are about 1" away from the leather. It wouldn't be hard to move the toad stool, but it will tank some tank re-arranging. Larry
  19. L

Buffering Top Off Water

I feel like this is a dumb question, but I'm concerned about the PH of my topoff water. I've always done topoff straight out of the RO/DI unit. It occurs to me, finally, that maybe I should be buffering it. It seems my top-end PH has pulled back from 8.3 to 8.2 and the bottom has dropped into...
  20. L

Solenoid float valve 1/4" JG

Not sure what it's actually called. I saw one of these online somewhere and I can't find it now. It's a float mechanism for the sump that opens/closes a 1/4" JG fitting for auto-topoff. Anyone know where I might look?