RBTA vs. Toad Stool

If they touch wll the toad stool be hurt? The RBTA is getting insanely large and it's tips are about 1" away from the leather.

It wouldn't be hard to move the toad stool, but it will tank some tank re-arranging.

Larry

While we're on the topic, I was thinking about putting a BTA in my new system once it gets established but since the system will be SPS heavy, I'm a little anxious about the whole idea.

My thought is to put the RBTA in before any big colonies and let him get settled down. They'll walk across sand right? You can't isolate them on an island of rock or anything can you?

If your BTA is happy, it will stay put. Mine have never moved, but every once in a while I wonder if they might get a sudden urge.

Have you read the BTA article yet? If the anemone has a crevice to plant its foot in, it should be happy. The article is stickied in the Anemone forum, and is well worth re-reading from time to time.

Yes, I've read it, and yes the anemone has a crevice and seems to have taken hold. Also, my clown finally hosted tonight. In turn, the anemone has pulled into the crevice a little, but not completely. Probably just a little irritated. It took about a week for it to host. I was beginning to think it wouldn't.

We have used the island technique and so far so good.
We now have a huge sherman and smaller unkown anenome that stay on our island even though they move around on the island.

I know they will move across sand, but it appears they prefer not to.

Having said that you never know. I fully expect one day to wake up and find that the 10 inch sherman decided to stroll across the 90 and wipe everything out.

Nathan - I'll join the chrorus of "Don't do it!"'s... My GBTA had been happy and stationary for 6 or so years, and then just one day took off cruising, took out several frags in one night...

That's why I've setup a dedicated 20 gallon anemone tank plumbed into my main system, I'd had that GBTA so long I couldn't bear to get rid of her, but couldn't have her cruising the reef killing my favorite SPS frags either...

Sorry to continue the total hijacking of this thread, but Nathan - Just keep your current tank, plumb it next to your new one, and you can have your proverbial cake and eat it too! :) (And increase your total system volume at the same time, which is always a good thing!)

(And yeah, I know space is tight for ya', but I'm sure it could be done)