Search results

1. R

Giant Mantis

Saw these while vacationing in Malaysia. I was told there are even bigger ones. alt=""> alt="">
  2. R

Get rid of pest anemone

How do I get rid of these pest anemone (green ones next to the candy cane)? It's taking over the tank. alt="">
  3. R

Raising saltwater shrimp nauplii

I purchased some saltwater shrimp from a GB and I'm tring to raise the nauplii. Any suggestions on what to feed them?
  4. R

ID please

alt="">
  5. R

Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish

I bought a Fuzzy dwarf lion 2 1/2 weeks ago at the Tranquilscape sale and he has not eaten since. However, he does not look thin. I've been feeding my fish with krill, brime, mysis and bloodworms. I've alot of agressive eaters in the tank and spot feeding it is not posible. Should I seperate...
  6. R

What is it?

You can see some that are swimming and the tops of them are round. alt=""> alt="">
  7. R

What is it?

All my anemones have this white thing in the center that wasn't there before. Is that the mouth swelling up? alt="">
  8. R

Water change

I've been doing 20% weekly. Should I continue or cut back and do every 2 weeks? All params are good.
  9. R

My pico

Inhabitants consist of a pygmy angel, redhead goby, clarkii clown.
  10. R

Anemone & PC lighting

Can anemone survive on PC lighting with added food to suppliment photosynthesis? I've a 29g with 130w PC.
  11. R

Sunburst Ponies

Just got them in from Ocean Rider.
  12. R

Cyno

Since seahorses like low flow, how do you prevent cyno from growing?
  13. R

Worm ID

Found this in my tank today.
  14. R

Planton

What's the difference between zooplanton and phytoplanton? Is cyclop-eeze some kind of planton?
  15. R

Lighting for Shrooms

Can Shrooms live under Normal Output lighting?
  16. R

Question about lighting

I bought the Odyssea 20" lighting with 175w (20k) MH and 2x24w PC. I see that most of you are using the 10k. What's the difference between 10k and 20k? Should I run both PC and MH the same time?
  17. R

Lighting equivalent

What's the wattage equivalent of different types of lighting? Ex MH, PC, VHO, T5, etc. 3-5 watts per gallon is based on which type of light?
  18. R

Shrooms are dying

Some of my shrooms are dying and growing in its place are these brown fungus(?). Are they killing my shrooms?
  19. R

Something is eating my coral

No matter where I place it, something is eatting it. I've a coral banded shrimp, camel shrimp, damsels, assorted hermies, a dotty back and a corris wrasse. What can I do to protect it? I've a before and after pic of the coral.
  20. R

Cycling

It is necessary to leave your lights on when cycling new tank? What about adding ammonia from grocery store to speed it up?