Water change

seems excessive, but depends on what else you are doing to keep things clean.

do you have a lot of reef janitors? i.e. hermits, stars, shrimp, etc?

What type of skimmer are you using?

Do you have a refugium? If not, what are your nitrates reading?

Assuming the above are at least fair, really water changes are mostly beneficial for the purpose of adding back some nutrients built into the salts. 10% every 2 weeks is sufficient.

@Rocky wrote:
i do 10% once a month. said:
Where do you rank with all the questions I posted above? I am wanting to decrease my % each month. do 20-25% once a month currently, but would like to drop back to 10%.

@Spar wrote:
seems excessive said:
All my tanks have Prizm skimmer and working very well. I've your typical clean up crew such as hermies, stars, shrimps and snails. Caulpera is in all the tanks.
Nitrates are all under 20ppm and 0 Ammonia and 0 Nitrate.

@Spar wrote:
[I]@Rocky wrote:[/I][quote="i do 10% once a month. said:
Where do you rank with all the questions I posted above? I am wanting to decrease my % each month. do 20-25% once a month currently, but would like to drop back to 10%."]

i have a few snails and couple of hermit crabs. No starfish. 20 fishies, and that is it. I use turkey blaster to feed my fish in order to prevent food sinks down on the bottom and feed them once a day. I also feed sea weed to my tangs once a day.

I like doing weekly water changes, helping replenish elements in my water lost due to protien skimming (more of a natural way in accomplishing that goal). And I don't think the fish love anything more than fresh, pure water.

As the ole' saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." =)

But I think the most important thing in this hobby to realize is, there's no one right way to do things; there's many paths that are taken to reach the same goal. So as long as you keep those excellent water parameters and your fish are all healthy, keep doing what you're doing.