Question about lighting

I bought the Odyssea 20" lighting with 175w (20k) MH and 2x24w PC. I see that most of you are using the 10k. What's the difference between 10k and 20k? Should I run both PC and MH the same time?

The PC bulbs are artinic. Wouldn't the 175w MH drown out the 48w PC? The 20k is acceptible? I've nearly all softies.

If you want to switch to 10K lighting for your light, Aquqtraders.com has the bulbs. But I would not switch them till these are worn. About 1 year.

@Matt wrote:
[I]@rchan11 wrote:[/I][quote="The PC bulbs are artinic. Wouldn't the 175w MH drown out the 48w PC? The 20k is acceptible? I've nearly all softies. said:
Can you not switch them on and off while the MH is running? If so, you should be able to determine that."]

PC has a seperate switch. Should I run the PC 1st to simulate sunrise then turn PC off and MH on till dawn and MH off and PC on to simulate sunset? Or should I run them at the same time and PC on an hour earlier then MH and off hour later then MH?

I would run them like your final sentence.

I agree with Marc. An added benefit of doing it this way is that the tank won't be completely dark after a quick power outage. The PCs will come back on when the MH may not.