Recent content by wlgorman

1. W

ID Please

This piece was sold to me as a chalice. I cant find a head. Its mounted on a really jagged surface of rock. I tried to get a good pic. Is it a chalice? If so any name? It has great color. The piece in the center of the image. Taken through my costa del mar 580g sunglasses. alt="">
  2. W

Biocube overflow problem, please help

I just got biocube 14. Have had my bigger tank for about 2 years now. Looking to add a few baby snowflakes and a goby/shrimp pair. I was looking at the tank and im worried about the top overflow or whatever you call it where water moves from the display to the back, and the slits down lower that...
  3. W

Just finished DIY led retrofit. Too hot?

As title reads, just replaced the 25 3w white LED in my Nanocube 28 LED professional with 23 luxeon LEDs from rapidled. Mixed whites, blues, RBs, and red, cyan, green, UV. After running for about 3-4 hrs, the hood was pretty hot. I kept the (4) stock PC fans in the hood and they are correctly...
  4. W

wlgorman's 14 biocube

Had my nanocube 28 advanced. for a year and a half. Picked up a biocube w an extra hood from noon here on the forums. Ordered rapidled's retro kid for it. Also went ahead and picked up parts to switch out the super bright led on the nanocube to a better spectrum. Ill be posting threads for each...
  5. W

Modifying nanocube 28 led pro?

Eckolancer answered a few questions for me. Never done anything like this before. Looking to change it up, its currently got 25 3w white led and while I've kept sps and lps for over a year, I feel like I could get better growth and color from a full spectrum. Its also got the blue moonlight...
  6. W

Where are my shrimp going?

28g nanocube. Have added 5 shrimp over the last 6 months. 3 peppermint and 2 cleaner. All added separately. None of them have lasted more than two days. First couple time I figured they were hiding but as the weeks went by and not seeing any sign of them I figure something has to be eating them...
  7. W

Name this coral.

Got a couple pieces from DNA and trading. Can you tell me what I have? What kind of acro is this? Blueish with green polyps, havent really opened yes but just got it yesterday. alt=""> Birdsnest or something? Maybe a digi? alt=""> Chalice? alt=""> Do these zoas have a name? alt=""> Sent...
  8. W

My 28g jbj nanocube

alt=""> LED professional. First aquarium ever. Up for 13 months Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  9. W

Adding accent/actinic lighting in jbj LED nanocube pro

I have had my 28g nanocube led pro running do about a year now. Have a small assortment of coral to include sps and los thay are doing well with good growth and color. But as everyone knows, my lighting is all white. It has moonlight and dusk/dawn but the wires over power them when you run them...
  10. W

How long can my corals survive without light?

Daylight ballast went out on my 28g nanocube pro. Ordered a new one today w 3-4 day shipping. Have a few small frags. Green Slimer Acro yongei Frogspawn 2 small green monti digi. Dusk dawn and moonlights operational and windows open during the day. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  11. W

Help with replacement ballast for 28g nanocube

HELP! Came home today and noticed that my daylight LED didn't come on in my 28g nanocube LED (intermediate). I see where the replacement ballast is around $85.00, but is there a cheaper option that will last, or a better option that may have more features? Looked around and im having trouble as...
  12. W

Cycling, pH, Algae and aiptasia

Cycling my 29g nanocube. Stock setup w nanocube skimmer, heater (75f). 29g of liverock from an established aquarium (from a member). I have snails (2 nessarius) and at least 10 small cerith. I guess these came on the lr and seed sand from the guy I got the rock from. Seeing a few copepods...
  13. W

New to hobby. If I get clowns and they breed...?

Tank is cycling and thinking of stocking options. 29g nanocube First fish will prob be a clown pair. In the future if they end up breeding, I am not interested in raising the fry. Is it frowned upon to let them go? Will this have any effect on their overall well-being? What do I do and what...