New to hobby. If I get clowns and they breed...?

Tank is cycling and thinking of stocking options.

29g nanocube

First fish will prob be a clown pair. In the future if they end up breeding, I am not interested in raising the fry. Is it frowned upon to let them go? Will this have any effect on their overall well-being? What do I do and what can i expect with the eggs?

Thanks and be forwarned this Is the first of a barrage of questions to come!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

If you dont want to breed them dont. Its not like they will survive without you putting in effort. Mine lay eggs but never seen a baby clown appear. ;)

What happens to the eggs? Do they not have an effect on your parameters when they die or whatever they do?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

@wlgorman wrote:
What happens to the eggs? Do they not have an effect on your parameters when they die or whatever they do? Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2 said:
They hatch and become reef food or they don't hatch and melt. I doubt you could test any quantifiable change in parameters even in a small aquarium. We are talking about a teaspoon of organic matter thats mostly made of water. Like dropping a pinch of food in the tank.

Eggs that are bad are removed by the parents while tending to the eggs and are removed and as Mitch said when they do hatch if you do not collect them they will become food rather quickly in the tank. I would not worry about it as in water quality. It is a natural process and I read somewhere that only 1% of the fry in the wild survive.

On another note though. If you place a tile in your tank after 3 to 4 years of the clown fish age and they do start laying on there we do have members that would gladly change the egg infested tile out for a clean one [smilie=wink.gif]