Recent content by silicon_dt

1. S

Goby in RBTA?

Didn't know they could host an anemone without getting killed lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E_9du-wrH8 clowns want nothing to do with the RBTA so the goby took it over haha
  2. S

DI Resin

Can anyone reccomend a good cheap bulk DI resin to buy? Also what TDS do you guys let it get to befor changing the DI resin? Would letting it get up to lets say 10 really harm anything?
  3. S

Hows this combo?

It's been about 3 years since I replaced my bulbs. How does this combo sound? http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/65watt-actinic-white-12k-square-pin.html 2 of these http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/150-watt-xm-20k-double-ended-hqi-metal-halide-bulb.html 1 of these over a 60 gallon cube...
  4. S

led moonlights

Can anyone recommend a good cheap led moonlight? Something thats east to add to a system without a canopy? The ones on my current USA light fixtures are all burnt out and I think there is better led technology out now anyways. I don't want anything thats gonna light up the entire room, just...
  5. S

Modified Durso to make room for SQWD in overflow.

Hello all. I modified my durso drain to make room for a SQWD in my reef ready overflow. I wanted to come out the right and left sides of the overflow teeth, but the drain was in the way. Here are some pics. I don't have my SQWD yet, but this looks like it will give me enough room for the left...
  6. S

SCWD in overflow.

Anyone ever put a SCWD in a built in overflow? I was thinking about putting one in my overflow and have it returning out the right and left sides of my overflow teeth. The only problem I see if that the drain pipe is in the way for the left side of the T. Could I use use two 45degree elbows to...
  7. S

Kalk only PH 10?

Hello all! I am trying to make some kalk solution but can't get it to the PH 12 everyone says it should be. I am using 4 TSP for 2 gallons of around 2 TDS RODI water. I am using a calibrated PH probe. Whats the problem? Any suggestions?
  8. S

Ich freckles?

Ich freckles? Do fish often get little black freckels where they used to have Ich? I just recently treated a yellow tang for ich. Now he has little freckles lol... My clown is the same way. It got ich when first got it.. then it got over ich but has even since had little black freckels...
  9. S

Yellow Watchman Goby won't stay off overflow.

I bought a really small yellow watchman goby. He is like 1". I thought these things burrow under the rocks in the sand!! This fish is crazy. He goes to the top of the tank. And into the overflow. I have found him 2 times in the sump! in the 1 day I have had him. He does it on purpose too! I...
  10. S

hole through anemone

I just recently got an anemone to replace my 3 year old one that got blended. Anways the anemone seems really nice red color, but wont hold a stick. he sticks on anemone island, till i got to bed. then he falls off and ends up on the other side of the tank. now i know anemone will move. but...
  11. S

UV turbotwist

I was thinking about getting a turbotwist UV for my 60G tank. Are UV's worth it? Do they do more hard then good? What would be the pros and cons of having a UV? I would look it up on the forum but "UV" is too short or something, didnt find anything.
  12. S

Caulerpa in display

Well I got myself a new yellow tang. I was wondering I have Caulerpa in my sump. Is it wise to put some in my display, let say on anemone island. Or will this stuff grow like a weed everywhere under halides? Or will the tang just eat it all to nothingness. lol I have the grape kind. My friend...
  13. S

SandStorm

Hello all. I just recently setup a new 60G tank. I added 30lbs of dry sand to my 20lbs of live sand I already had. I have some pretty good flow in the tank now and and getting a sandstorm. Not like the cloudy stuff, but the little granuals flying around everywhere. Should I give it a week or...
  14. S

Tang food

Hello all! I just got a new yellow tang and would like to know what to feed this guy. I would like if I could get some food from the local food store if possible. I hear nori is good to feed them? Where can one get Nori? Also where can you find dried seaweed? Is this something fish related...
  15. S

Return pump not touching sump floor. This ok?

Hello all. well after putting my pvc in for the return pump. it was a hair too short and the pump does not go all the way to the glass. Is this ok? Should is be sitting on the glass? Or is it ok to be a little suspended?