Recent content by ReefNut2010

1. R

Bubble algae problem

Been away for a while. Tank has gone South due to a lack of time! As of now dealing with Bubble algae. Aside from manual removal what's out there that can help me get rid of this pest once and for all?
  2. R

New temp probe issue

I bought a new DA temp probe ( not the itemp ) had this one previously. This new probe is not triggering the heaters on. What could be the problem?
  3. R

RODI rejection rate ???

Does RODI rejection rate increase when all filters are changed. I just changed all filters on my 6 stage unit and added a much needed TDS meter. Its reading 10ppm after membrane and 0ppm after DI resin filters. Rejection rate looks to be much higher !!
  4. R

How's the price ??

For those of you more familiar with this. I got a quote from a local builder for an 72" x 30" x26" acrylic Aquarium, built 3/4 thick with rounded corners. Center overflow with black back for $2150.00. A 48" x 24" x 18" three section sump for an added $375.00 What do you all think?
  5. R

Adding /Changing bulbs

I decided to add another Reef Star Pendant 175w Iwasaki bulb to my Reef Tank. I already own 2 of these pendants. I decided to add this, to have better light distribution towards the corners of the tank. The center is very well lit. Also have 2 60" T5 (actinics) and a 60" Reefbrite all blue LED...
  6. R

Dosers in sump area?

I placed my doser (Marine Color) above my sump. I don't have many other places to put it. This also kept tubing nice and short. Is this a bad idea? Will it mess up my doser by being in a humid enviroment. Do you guys have any experience with this? These are very similar to the Bubble Magus, as...
  7. R

Worm?

I have what appears to be a worm that builds a cacoon like structure and moves about in it. Broke the cacoon and tried to syphon it out . It didn't work !! It is right on top of my purple Monti. Sorry no pick. Any idea what it could be. Never seen one before. Its tiny, but I want it gone, as I'm...
  8. R

Chiller ???????????????

So after much procrastination and the loss of some corals, I took a look at my Chiller. I changed the fuse and got it to turn on ! But after the unit started cooling the water ( I could hear the motor humming ) it turned off. Tried it 3 times and it continued to turn off till it blew the fuse...
  9. R

Red Sea Mag test kit

I did not want to side trackTjs thread so here's my ????????? My mag has been testing at 1400-1440ish for the past few weeks. Should i be concerned here? Anyone else using this test kit and finds it reliable? Should I raise it up to 1500s being that the test kit is off by 200ppm or so? I'll have...
  10. R

Where to find?

So all the syringes for my Red Sea Pro test have become useless.These are the skinny ones for drawing in the different fluids like KH, Calcium,ect. The digits towards the top are no longer visible (usual problem with these things). Where can I get extra syringes for testing? Should I be wearing...
  11. R

Harlequin shrimp question

So based on the adviced recieved here, I've decided to house my next CC starfish in the sump and feed it to my Harlequin leg by leg.Please bare with me as I'm new to this !! So, can I cut the leg with any thing like say a knife? Also how often should I cut a leg and feed it to the shrimp? This...
  12. R

Skimmate locker

My skimmate locker has been failing and wreaking havock on my tank. Dumped 5 g of rodi water in the tank and 5 g of salt water went all over my floor !! Any idea what can cause these to fail ? It worked flawlessly for a year.
  13. R

Mighty Magnets

Decided to buy one of these cleaning magnets to make my cleaning easier. Might buy the scratch removal kit down the road. Anyone have experience with these. What do you like or dislike about them. They are pretty pricey !!
  14. R

Harlequin shrimp

I bought a Chocolate Chip Starfish for my Harlequin Shrimp, since he did away with my Sand Sifting Starfish. He already killed it !! Do I leave it in there? I supposse it will be slowly eaten, like the Sand Sifting Star. No chance of it fowling up my water? Just wondering what's the best way to...
  15. R

Potters leopard wrasse

I just introduced one of these to my tank and i'ts beautiful and super active. It is about 5" long. Bought it big just in case my 6 line decided to be a pest. So far so good. It has not looked at it twice since i put it in the tank [smilie=lol.gif] . Anyone else keep one? Share some info/pics ?