Recent content by mwolek

1. M

IR Thermometer

Has anyone tried these for thier tanks? Todays Woot has em for $25 shipped, picked one up to check it out
  2. M

Plastic Hydrometers

Interesting http://www.wetwebmedia.com/ca/volume_3/cav3i4/hydrometers/Impressions.htm
  3. M

Revisiting an ancient topic

Tank bottom... I have had bare bottom, I have had DSB, and I have had SSB with gobies and fish keeping it void of 'critters'. Cannot decide which I want in my new tank :( The black starboard looks great, but I really like the critter factor of my DSB but its harder to keep clean. Now sure how...
  4. M

bryopsis, what eats it again?

Lettuce nudi or sea slug or something, can someone refresh me? I pulled off enough to fill a plastic grocery bag... but there is still a bit stuck to the rocks. I'd like to get something temporarily to clean it all up while in the transition tank.
  5. M

wavebox on oceanic, anyone have pics?

If you used the hangers that came with it that is... Magnets I can figure out :) Doesn't seem to fit over the trim well =/
  6. M

Power tools and acrylic

1) Is it worth spending the $$$$ for acrylic bits and blades? (table saw and router) or can you get the same results from a 0 offset 120 tooth blade and regular router bit? Do you use water when making the cuts and routes?
  7. M

Sand and wave boxes

How does a sand bed behave with a wave box? Does it stay in place or does it get moved around with the waves? I hate how power heads move sand around.
  8. M

Feeding?

Does anyone else not feed? All I have is a Gramma and cleanershrimp in a 125 but ~knock on wood~ I have only fed them like 4 times in the last year. The tank is almost a fuge itself I suppose.
  9. M

Who has a OTF?

Gotta love the TLA... Anyone have a over tank refugium? Curious to see pics on how you did it and how it displays or is hidden.
  10. M

Tunze wave box

Who has one? who has seen them in action? How well do they work with sand beds? I'm thinking either no effect or a constant mess. Planning a new tank and would like to include one.
  11. M

Inland aquatics salt study part 2

Is up... not sure if anyones mentioned it or not. http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/12/aafeature1 lol...
  12. M

probes and monitors

Was flipping through the new Marine Depot catalog and noticed they not have pH, ORP, Ca, Salinity, O2, and temp probes. Anyone know if all these can be attached to your pc with any of the programs out there? Wasn't worth it for just pH and Temp, but if I can get SG and Ca out of it too it...
  13. M

Who has the cube fuge viewable ?

Can't remember who it is, or was..that had the nice reef with a nice display fuge next to it. I want to say Tony, or someone with a T name or screen name lol. Have a few questions :)
  14. M

New tang from AD

Went to AD yesterday to pick up some new fish. I got a lawnmower blenny, emerald crab, anda blue eyed kole tang. http://www.reefaquariumguide.com/photos/watermark-jpg.php?file=/photos/data/500/11561Blue_eye_tang_new_adjusted-med.jpg (couldn't get /img to work) :D The tang ate well in the...
  15. M

Creative PVC

I need to get a 3/4" FPT to an airline hose... I'd rather not use silicone or glue or luck, teflon and glue please:P Any ideas? HD was a letdown, going to try Lowes monday.