Recent content by JumboAg99

1. J

New tank recommendations

I just tore down my 15 year old Oceanic 90 because we're moving.  In about 6 months after our new house is built, I'll be putting in a new reef.  Due to the age of the Oceanic and the salt damage to the stand after 15 years, I'm probably replacing it instead of reusing it.  In addition, my...
  2. J

Hammer time

I'm tearing down my 90G Reef because I'm moving.  Tried selling entire reef setup but no takers so selling this coral by itself.  Asking $100.  Very Nice hammer coral blue/purple.  I'm in Wylie.  PM Me if interested.  It's spent it's life under an Aquaillumination LED fixture.   ...
  3. J

90G complete reef setup for sale

Oceanic 90 Gallon reef tank + StandCustom Marc Levenson sumpAquaC Protein Skimmer (an ev120 I believe)Multiple Mag drive pumps for return, skimmer and ChillerTradewinds Inline Chiller (Not sure the size, but more than enough for the tank)Aqua Illumination LED lighting system. (Older model...
  4. J

Red bugs w/o SPS corals?

I have no SPS corals in my tank, just a few LPS and some softies. Noticed these in two spots in the tank last night when the lights went out. http://youtu.be/49BKxYyhD0o Hard to tell if they're "red" "brown" or "black". They're really really tiny, but there's a ton of them. Far back corner...
  5. J

Upgrade season - Need Suggestions (LIGHTING)

I've had a 90G standard Oceanic RR tank for about 7 years with a custom canopy on it that houses a pair of 250W MH 14K hamilton's and a pair of T5's. The "custom" is a stock oceanic canopy with a 2x8 extension built all the way around to keep the MH bulbs farther from the water to a) keep the...
  6. J

Tank is in trouble! Need advice

Added a Chiller a couple of weeks ago to help stabilize tank temps and now tank looks bad... Temp hasn't changed much. Just a couple of degrees. I had it set at 78, over the past few days I've inched the chiller up to 82 (where it basically wont even run). My mushrooms used to be HUGE. The...
  7. J

I could just cry....

I moved a couple of months ago and in the new house my tank gets some late afternoon sun through a solar shade and some heat film. Its a 90G will a custom canopy extension to get the metal Halides farther up from the tank. It ran around 82degrees at my old house... In this one, its been slowly...
  8. J

Spring cleaning

One of my fish apparently knocked my brain coral off its perch a couple of weeks ago right into the intake for my closed loop. (The coral was a bit beat up, but it seems to be recovering.) The closed loop however, needs some maintenance. I need to tear it down to clean out the pump and the...
  9. J

Upgrading pump on a protein skimmer - need suggestions

I have an AquaC EV-180 that's been running for over a year and a half with a Mag 7. I'm looking to put something with a bit more horsepower on it (nothing extreme, just a bit better) to get some better performance out of it. My return pump and closed loop pumps are both Mag 9.5's and I have no...
  10. J

Sometimes you just feel really really REALLY stupid

After the frag swap, I removed the canopy from my tank so that I could get into my tank easier to place the frags and do some general clean-up that I cannot normally do. Piece of cake right? Over the next few days, I noticed that my pinpoint pH monitor was going crazy. It had just recently...
  11. J

Dying Frogspawn

This stinks... My frogspawn was one of my favorite corals. One head is already toast, a second will be gone in hours. The third appears infected. There's only one head that looks OK so far. Should I cut that head off to try to save it, or it it a lost cause. I apologize for the poor picture...
  12. J

Updated picture of my acropora

[I haven't put any new pics on my site for about a month. Today I took several. Here's one of my first SPS coral. I really like the color. alt="">]
  13. J

I need longer arms

[The LTA in my tank has managed to move himself to the far back wall of the tank behind all of the LR so I cannot see it. There's not enough room behind the tank for me to get on a step stool to reach into the tank to grab it. Also, my arms are not nearly long enough for me to reach it from the...
  14. J

Angel fish conundrum

[I have a 90 gallon tank and really want both a coral beauty and a flame angel. Based on posts on this board and on RC, I'm confident that they will co-exist without a problem. HOWEVER, the problem is.... how do I get them into the 90 gallon tank. I have a 10G that I use as a quarantine tank...
  15. J

Mixing different types of shrimp

[Since certain fish don't make good tank mates, I figured I'd ask about shirmp compatibility. I already have two skunk cleaner shrimp in the tank. They've been in it for months. I've recently been dealing with the annoyance of aptasia. Nothing too bad. I'm finding one or two a week and...