Angel fish conundrum

JumboAg99

Membership Expired
[I have a 90 gallon tank and really want both a coral beauty and a flame angel. Based on posts on this board and on RC, I'm confident that they will co-exist without a problem.

HOWEVER, the problem is.... how do I get them into the 90 gallon tank.

I have a 10G that I use as a quarantine tank. I just moved a tiger goby and 6 line wrasse from it to the 90G after a 4 week quarantine sentence.

Here's the conundrum:
I want both angels. Ideally, you introduce both to the main tank at the same time so neither feels like he owns the tank...

I am a firm believer in quarantining a fish for a month after I buy it.

My question is this: What (if any) is the best option going forward:

1) Put both angels in the 10G together to q/t and then in a month move to the big tank... (I doubt this is a good idea.)

2) Go with one at a time in q/t. The problem is that one of them will have at least a month in the 90G before the other one gets introduced.

If I go with option 2, which angel should I get first?

Can I go with option 1? (I doubt it, but I'd like to hear your opinions)]

[I have a 10g with a small submersible filter in it and a heater I use whenever I have to quarentine a sick fish. It isnt set up not, but you are welcome to use it for month if you want.]

[I would set up another 10 gallon QT and add them to the tank at the same time. I had a coral beauty in my 150 gallon and added a eibli later. The eibli died after a while from the stress.]

[If setting up a new qt is a problem use a divider in the 10. Either use one of the dividers sold in any lfs or cut a piece of eggcrate, just so long as it is flow-through. This way you can treat both, they get used to seeing each other, and they can't hurt one another.]

[I like the divider option as this aclimate the fish to the same water and keeps them seeing each other before going in the 90. jmo]

[That makes for a really small qt for both fish. You’ll have to watch your water parameters closely and do frequent water changes.

Id suggest getting a bigger one, you can pick up a rubber maid tub at wall mart for a few bucks and have 20+ gallons. And you can always find uses for big tubs once the qt is through with.

steve

FYI: If you get a big tub at wall mart remember that you don’t want to fill it all the way, cause the sides will buckle. just fill it about half way then brace the longer sides with a wall and a peace of furniture or something. Or your fish are going to go surf’n.]

[if you use eggcrate it's not reducing the total volume. I like the idea of using eggcrate as a divider as it doesn't make two separate 5 ga. tanks.]

[I went ahead and picked up a 20 long today. (They're cheap, less than $30.) I'm going to move the equipment from the 10 to it and put the 10G in storage.

I'm going to put in a divider and use it that way... Thanks everyone.]