Sometimes you just feel really really REALLY stupid

JumboAg99

Membership Expired
After the frag swap, I removed the canopy from my tank so that I could get into my tank easier to place the frags and do some general clean-up that I cannot normally do. Piece of cake right?

Over the next few days, I noticed that my pinpoint pH monitor was going crazy. It had just recently popped a low battery warning, so I figured that was the culprit. I replaced the battery... no change. OooooKkkkkk.. I pulled the probe and recalibrated it... and again it went crazy in the tank. I must have re-adjusted the cables for it 30+ times. It drove me nuts. Today I moved it to my quarantine tank. It was stable as could be... Moved it back... went nuts.

After several hours I finally figured out what it was...

Any ideas before I say....

I had the monitor mounted on the side of the canopy. Apparently, when I put the canopy back on, the wiring for the T5's that sit in it must have gotten shifted slightly. The wiring was interfering with the meter. I moved the meter, and it's now running perfect. Showing 8.2x.

Couldn't see the forest through the trees!

"Crud... do I need a grounding probe because I'm bleeding voltage" was one of the things going through my mind before I figured it out.