Recent content by jbrownacu

1. J

Need aquarium resiliconed

anybody know of a company that will redo my aquarium silicone? i broke it down to move to a new location in the house and decided i should have it redone. thanks! josh
  2. J

Wanting to test out old 250w DE bulbs

Just curious if anybody has some old 250w DE bulbs laying around I could borrow for a few days. I'm wanting to upgrade but I don't really know what to do yet. I got new Icecap ballasts for Xmas so it's time to upgrade the bulbs. I can come pick them up or if you come by Fish Gallery, I'm...
  3. J

Is Mighty Putty the same thing as HoldFast?

You guys have seen the commercials. That stick they sell looks the exact same as Instant Oceans HoldFast! Any thoughts? http://tinyurl.com/5zd6k8 http://tinyurl.com/6d6g4p
  4. J

Blue Linkia Dinner

I thought you guys might find this interesting. I came home the other day to this...
  5. J

Cutting off Fungus?

I can't believe I'm asking this, but is it cruel to cut off fungus from a fish's fin? I've got a small clown with some cotton candy fungus growing on the tip of his fin and was wondering if I could just take a razer blade and cut it off. He's in a QT tank, so I can treat him with meds, just...
  6. J

I've been overrun with Collonista Snails!

ive had a couple of these guys in my tank over the past year or so, but out of nowhere my tank is completely covered with these little guys. i dont believe they will do any harm, but it doesnt look great in the tank with them all over the glass and rockwork. should i be worried about these guys...
  7. J

pearly jawfish has red spots around her mouth and growth

my female jawfish has a few red spots around her mouth. it almost looks like a red rash around her mouth. it also looks like she either has a growth inside of her mouth on her bottom lip or maybe her bottom lip is torn...it almost looks like some extra skin in her mouth. it's not eggs or...
  8. J

Koralia #2 question

i just bought one of these and the flow on it doesnt seem to be anything compared to my MJ1200 even though it is supposed to do 2 times the flow. am i doing something wrong or what? i even put on the focused flow piece and it just doesnt seem to be doing much. am i just expecting more flow that...
  9. J

clownfish are sick

need some help please. it looks like they have some sort of skin issue. almost as if their scales are falling off and it's turning white. pretty weird stuff. my emperor angelfish died of something sort of like this just a few days ago. i have an ich problem and im dosing marine-max currently. i...
  10. J

My First Anemone! RBTA

so after almost a year of neglecting my clowns, i finally got a very nice rose bubble tip anemone from Neptune's Cove. it is such a beauty and huge! here are a few pics of it (doesn't do it justice) when i first added it to the tank and then it decided to go in the cracks about 30 minutes later...
  11. J

building a sump

i just bought a 30g long glass tank and i was curious if i can use the cheap acrylic from home depot or do i have to use glass for the baffles? also what glue will i need to complete it if i use acrylic or glass? ill have more questions im sure along the way :) thanks! josh
  12. J

Emperor Angelfish fading colors

im completely lost with why this fish is fading colors. i feed the tank 2-3 times per day (mysis, spirulina brine, angel/butterfly mix frozen) dosed with garlic extreme and selcon letting those soak for 15 minutes before feeding that tank. during the in between feedings im doing seaweed on a...
  13. J

RO/DI unit with UV Sterilzer?!?!

http://tinyurl.com/yp966f is the UV unit a complete waste? i was just curious because i never even thought about needing something like that on my unit. josh
  14. J

Flame Angel and Emperor Angel?

i just purchased a flame angel and a juvenile emperor angel and i was curious how they would fare together in a 75g tank? before someone gets angry about putting the emperor in that small of a tank, i plan on upgrading the tank to a larger one in about a year, and it's only about 1 1/2" long...
  15. J

Ghost Crab - ID?

I just want to make sure this guy is reef safe. Has anybody had any experiences with one? He is super fast and sifts sand like crazy. Hopefully he really is safe. Any thoughts? Josh