Recent content by Grumpyfish

1. G

Frogspawn for Sale

Hello, I need to rehome some frogspawn (might be octospawn - I can't tell the difference) to relieve some overcrowding. I'm asking $15 per head. (Bristleworms are free!) The following frags are available:  Frag #1 - 6 heads Frag #2 - 3 heads Frag #3 - 3 heads Frag #4 - 3 heads Frag #5 - 2 heads...
  2. G

Green Birdsnest, $75

Hello,  Last night, I was trying to adjust a rock with a big birdsnest on it and ended up snapping the birdsnest off at the base.  No big deal.  It was getting too big for my tank anyway, so it's time was limited.  (The only down side is that my two damsels call it home, so they won't be happy...
  3. G

Kenya Tree Free to Good Home

Hello, I have what I'm pretty sure is a Kenya Tree that is free to anyone willing to come get it.  There is nothing wrong with it except that it grew more than I expected (yes, it was an impulse buy - my wife thought it was pretty) and is taking up too much room.  It is already attached to a...
  4. G

For Sale - Green Birdsnest Rock - Plano

Hello,I have a rock with two different types of birdsnest growing on it.  They’re different shades of green, but I don’t know what they are actually called.  The rock is fairly overgrown and is now too big for my tank, so I want to sell it to make room for something new.  I’m asking $50 cash. ...
  5. G

For Free: Derasa Clam

I have a 3- to 4-inch derasa clam that I would like to give to an experienced reefer for free.  I've had it for 3 years, and it hasn't been doing well for a while now. It has not been growing, has not been extending fully, and is now receding quite a bit.  It may already be too late for it. This...
  6. G

Green birdsnest for sale

Hello,I have a small green birdsnest for sale. It's probably 2-4 inches tall and is attached to a rock along with a few zoas.  The first picture is to show you the color, but it was taken last October, so it has grown a little. The next picture is to show you roughly how much it has...
  7. G

Zoa Rock

Hello,I have a piece of base rock that is covered in zoas.  It's maybe 6-7 inches long.  Pardon the picture.  A bunch of the zoas are closed because I had just fed the tank and a cleaner shrimp sprinted across it.You'll want to inspect the rock carefully because I have some GHA and bubble algae...
  8. G

Freshwater Version of DFWMAS?

I'm interested in starting a freshwater planted tank.  Since freshwater tanks don't seem to get a lot of love on DFWMAS, I'm wondering if there's a freshwater version of DFWMAS in the area.  I've learned a lot from everyone on DFWMAS, and I'd love to find something similar for freshwater.I saw...
  9. G

Hairy Mushroom Rock for Sale

Hello,I need to make room for a frogspawn that has outgrown its corner of the tank, so I have decided to sell my big mushroom rock. The rock has maybe 12-15 mushrooms on it.  It's not as tall as it looks in the pictures because it's sitting on some other rocks. The shrimp should give you an idea...
  10. G

Free Zoa/Shroom/GHA Rock

Hello,I need to free up some space in my tank, so I am giving away a piece of live rock.  The rock has several zoas, a big fuzzy mushroom, and a fair amount of green hair algae (which is why I'm giving it away). I have also picked bubble algae off this rock in the past, so there's that.  I'd say...
  11. G

Yellow Eye Kole Tang Facial Coloration

Hello,We’ve had our yellow eye kole tang (“Buzz”) for about six months.  He eats like a champ, is extremely active, and has never shown any signs of parasites or infections that I can tell.  He’s been a great fish.  However, the coloration around his face is pale, almost like he’s wearing a...
  12. G

Mushroom Rock

Hello,I have a rock with 3 mushrooms on it.  The mushrooms get so big during the day that they’re cutting off the flow in that area of the tank, so I’m looking to rehome them.  I’m asking $20 or will trade for a frag of green toadstool leather if you have it.  Pickup will be after 5:30 at my...
  13. G

Emerald Crab Missing Claws

I noticed several days ago that one of my emerald crabs is missing both front claws and maybe a leg. Maybe he got into it with another emerald crab or one of my fish. Every night I've been rubber-banding nori to a piece of rock and placing it on the sand near where he hangs out. He really goes...
  14. G

Cleaner Shrimp with Eggs

Unless I'm mistaken, one of my cleaner shrimp is carrying eggs. This is the first time I've seen this. Pretty cool.  I hope I catch it when she releases them.  
  15. G

What's on my Acan

Hi everyone, Last night I noticed something going on with my acan. I don't know whether it's something growing on it or whether it's the acan itself. Any ideas? It's not too far from one of my torches, so perhaps the torch is stinging it.  I hate to move the acan since it seemed pretty happy...